Chapter 1

Percy's P.O.V

"Why is that shwarma place so crowded?" I asked as we walked past. A small shwarma place in the middle of the mall had dozens of people trying to get in. Some had cameras, some were trying to take a picture of something or someone inside of the shop with their phones and others held pens in their hands, like they wanted autographs.

"Maybe someone famous is in there." Piper suggested and I just rolled my eyes. We carried on walking. The Christmas lights and decorations were up and hanging from the roof and around the shops.

"What should I get Jason?" Piper asked, peering through the windows.

"How about a superman costume and some black hair dye." Leo joked. I smiled.

"Oh ha ha. Very funny." Piper said sarcastically. "What do you think Percy?" I thought for a moment.

"How about a snow globe." I suggested.

"A snow globe?" She repeated doubtfully.

"Yeah. You can ask the Hecate cabin to help enchant it to change into different parts of all of his quests every time you shake it." I said. Her face lit up.

"That's brilliant!" She said happily. I nodded, happy that I had thought of such a great idea. We went into a shop and Piper went in search for a snow globe and Leo went looking for...I have no idea what he was looking for. I went to look for a scrap book. I found Piper and Leo and we went to go pay for our things. I put my hands in my pocket, searching for my wallet. All I found were drachmas.

"I think I forgot my wallet at camp." I told them.

"I didn't bring mine too." Piper said, searching in her bag. We both turned to Leo.

"Don't look at me. I didn't bring any money." He said, hands held up in surrender.

"What about your magic tool belt?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Doesn't work. Tried it once."

"Well, what do we do?" Piper asked. Leo and I turned to her. She took one look at our expressions and shook her head, backing away.

"No way. Nuh uh. Not happening." She said.

"Come on. Please? Just this once?" Leo asked, smiling sweetly. Piper sighed in defeat.

"Fine." She said and stormed to the counter.

"Hi there." Piper said and smiled at the worker.

"We don't have money with us now, but-"

"No way kid. No money, no buy." He said. Piper sighed sadly then turned on her charmspeak.

"You will allow us to have these items. You don't need any money from us. You will let it slide, just this once." The man's eyes glazed and he nodded along with her.

"I will let it slide." He repeated.

"Come on, let's go. Before it wears off." Piper said and we quickly walked out of the shop. As we walked away, we heard a yell as the charmspeak wore off.

"Run!" She shrieked. I took off, weaving through the people.

"Hey! Hey stop!" I heard the worker shouting.

"Stop those kids!" He shouted. I shot through the crowd, dodging the security guards.

"What is going on here?" I heard someone yell. I carried on running ignoring the voice.

"Piper! Leo! Split up!" I shouted. I felt them go in opposite directions.

"Hey you! Freeze!" I heard someone shout and heard a whir of machinery. I glanced to the side and saw a flash of red and gold. I saw a robot, flying towards me. I raced to the escalator and run up, knocking past people. I took a left and ran past a McDonald's. I soon lost any pursuers. I leaned against a wall tiredly. I suddenly heard the fire sirens blare and knew immediately that that was Leo's work. As I started walking again, I felt something cold and hard grab my shoulder. I reacted instantly and grabbed the metallic hand,

And judo flipped the robot.

He landed against the floor, cracking it. He lay there, stunned. People around me screamed and ran. I started running again, but stopped as I saw an angry god standing in front of me.

Oh Schist.