Chapter 3

Piper's P.O.V

"Piper! Leo! Split up!" I heard Percy yell. I ran to the right, Leo ran to the left and Percy ran straight ahead.

"Move!" I yelled, lacing my voice with charmspeak. The crowd in front of me parted like the Red Sea. I ran through, pushing past a few people. I heard people yelling for me to stop, I ignored them. I saw a red, white and blue shield come my way. My ADHD kicked in and I slid under it, baseball style. I heard a gunshot ring through the air and I ran even faster, my breath coming in short puffs. Guns? They're using guns?! I looked around in panic then had an idea.

"Stop my pursuers." I charmspoke the people around me. They all turned and ran towards my pursuers. I heard the sound of fighting, then more shouts. I heard another gunshot and I picked up speed. I turned sharply and ran into a jewellery shop. I grabbed a few things and pretended to try them on. I grabbed a big sun hat and put it on, covering my face. Then I grabbed a mirror and pretended to look at my reflection. Outside the shop, I saw two strange looking people. One looked like a human American flag and the other had red hair and green eyes. She was wearing something that looked like Catwoman's outfit and held two guns. They were searching through the crowds and shops for someone. Me. I gulped slightly. Everyone around them seemed in awe of them for some reason. The red head searched the shop I was in with her eyes. I quickly looked away. I looked to see if they were gone and froze as the red head spotted me. She pointed me out to her partner and they headed towards me. I looked around, searching for a back door. There was none, I was trapped. What have I gotten myself into now?