Chapter 5

Leo's P.O.V

The green monster was big, but small compared to other things that I've had to face. It started crashing through shops and breaking through walls. I knew that it wouldn't hesitate to hurt innocent people. A sense of protection washed over me and I knew I couldn't let the monster attack people. I started waving my arms and shouting.

"Hey you ugly thing! Yeah I'm talking to you!" I threw a fireball at it and it turned its beady eyes on me.

"Oh Styx." I muttered then turned to flee. The monster bellowed then ran after me. I hefted the flash bang and then threw it behind me. I heard the monster stop and grunt in surprise at the small aluminium foil covered ball. I glanced behind me then saw him pick it up. I mentally hi-fived myself in victory as my plan started working. I looked away and heard a loud bang and then a deafening roar as it exploded. He rubbed his eyes, roaring and stumbling around. I heard a whistling sound and ducked instinctively. And just in time. An arrow came flying over my head and lodged into a random persons arm. The persons eyes glazed over and he fell to the floor, asleep. Tranquiliser arrows. I looked around and saw a blonde guy holding a bow and a quiver on his back. He aimed another arrow at me. I pulled a hammer from my belt and set it alight. He shot arrow after arrow at me but I kept on deflecting them. Then I pulled my arm back and threw it. It hit the green monster and he collapsed to the ground. I ran behind it as he shot another arrow. It hit the monster and he fell asleep. I snickered quietly at the monster. A giant earthquake erupted, shaking the walls and floors, cracking the ceiling. It got stronger and stronger and I knew that it was Percys doing. I fell to the ground and then it stopped abruptly. I shakily got up and started running again.