A/N and prologue

ONLY READ THIS IF YOU'RE ON WATTPAD. IF YOU'RE NOT, LEAVE THE SITE YOU'RE ON IMMEDIATELY. THIS BOOK - AND PROBABLY MANY OTHERS ON THE SITE - HAVE BEEN STOLEN. IF YOU WANT TO FIND THE CORRECT VERSION OF THIS, GO TO WATTPAD AND SEARCH FOR IT THERE. 

This book will feature kinda graphic death, gore, censored swearing and severe levels of angst. 

If any of these things are too much, DO NOT READ

I will leave trigger warnings for the worst stuff. 

But apart from that...

Enjoy!

(Also I planned every single chapter of this so much lol)

'Aaand... we're here!' 

Grian stepped out of the minivan as the first group arrived at the house they'd be staying at for the next week. It was a large place, with enough room for all of them (hopefully). Brick walls, covered in ivy with a stone roof. 

'Damn... nice place.' Cub was second off the van, followed by Scar and Bdubs. 'We're definitely playing hide and seek at some point.'

'Yeah... hopefully the others are coming too... haven't got blown up on the way here.' Ren jumped off after, shaking out his legs from the long drive. Martyn and Doc appeared just behind. 

'I mean, Tango, Impulse and Zedaph are all on there so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise.' Bdubs pointed out. 

'Yeah... but Scott is on there too. He's decently sensible.' Martyn reasoned. 'For us.'

'Yeah... for us...' Ren agreed with a laugh. 

Just then, the second minivan appeared, with the rest of the group. A few reunions, jokes, and complaints about particularly noisy van-mates later, Grian began to explain the plan.

'Alright. There are 5 rooms with 2 bunk beds for us to be in. I've sorted everyone into rooms already, but we'll still need to decide among ourselves which of the 5 identical rooms each group wants... and at some point everyone put a suggestion of something to do into some kind of container and we can sort out activities! For now, I'd say get going. I'll pin the list of rooms on the door so you can see.' Grian walked off, trying not to laugh at the excited hermits behind him, bagsying specific rooms and the bed nearest the window and we're definitely going to play capture the flag at some point. He unlocked the door, attaching the list to it and reading through himself. 

Room 1:

Cub

Scar

Bdubs

Grian

Room 2:

Skizz

Impulse

Tango

Zedaph

Room 3:

Martyn

Ren

Doc

Etho

Room 4:

Scott

Jimmy

Pearl

Mumbo

Room 5:

Cleo

Keralis

Joel

Lizzie

He entered before he could get squished in the excited huddle, exclamations of delight or horror at who they were with, and of course rumours spreading about Doc snoring. Scar quickly grabbed Cub's hand, dragging his friend into the place, ignoring his yelps of amused terror.

'Wow... this place is cool!' Scar looked around at the inside. They were in the entry hall, but it still had a pool table and a few pictures around.  A staircase leading up to the dorm-rooms was at the back, and a little balcony to look down from. Just as his friend was about to run upstairs and look at every single room, Cub stopped him,

'Hey- I've got an idea. We claim the closest room to the stairs and block them with all our stuff because why not?'

'Yes! Grian, you want to help too?' 

'Fine...' But Grian still grinned as he ran outside to grab all of his stuff and help. 

The rest of the afternoon passed without (much) issue. All the rooms had been decided, and all  beds within them. Cub's stop-any-and-all-access-to-everything trick had worked, until Tango started to remove all the stuff and hide it, when he accepted defeat but said he would get revenge. Dinner had been prepared by Cleo and Keralis, and was actually delicious. Now the group were still in the all-in-one kitchen, dining, and lounge room as the sun set, a few people dressed in pjs and Bdubs already yawning and ready to head off to sleep. Just as he decided to call it a night, Grian pulled out a set of Uno cards.

'Anyone want a game? Might have to team up...

'Odd number of people left now Bdubs is being Bdubs.' Tango noted. 'So...'

'I'll be on my own. Better that than being with Timmy...'

'It was ONE TIME, Grian!' Burst out Jimmy. 'I'll be with Scott.'

'Oh no- alright. I'll go with Jimmy...'

The rest of the group quickly formed teams and the game began. A few games along, some of the people began to head off, until the teams were scrapped and it became everyone against Jimmy. Finally, it was Grian, Scar, Cleo, Ren and Martyn for one last game.

Martyn played first, and the game began, including one section where Scar ended up picking up 16 cards. In the end, after a very tight last few rounds, Ren got the win.

'Well done... Scar, let's head off. It's been a good day and... it's basically past midnight, goodness.'

'Goodnight guys!'

'Night, dudes!' Ren called back. Cleo followed Grian and Scar up, leaving Ren and Martyn behind, coming up just as the other 3 reached the top. Grian quietly opened the door to his, Scar, Cub and Bdubs's room, climbing up to his higher bunk bed, above Bdubs, as Scar searched for pjs.

'Night, Scar.' He whispered.

'Goodnight! See you in the morning!' Replied the wizard, before Grian closed his eyes and eventually fell asleep.

And the record for the longest prologue goes to...