koyuki

Spoiler for Akaza's back story (we are going to pretend that Akaza remembers his human life because in the manga he has no recollection, but for the purpose of this story he has his memories)

Time skip
It had been two months that Akaza had been coming to see you every night. Much to his dismay, he had started developing feelings towards you, he hadn't felt this way for over 200 years, when he was a human named Hakuji he had a wife and he loved her dearly, her name was Koyuki, her father Keizo owned a dojo, and when the owner of the rival dojo found out about the wedding he put poison in the town well and Koyuji and Keizo drank it, and both died, Akaza hasn't loved another woman since, but his love for Koyuki is why he doesn't eat or kill women. He kept a lot more of his humanity than normal for a demon, most demons lose all form of their humanity and become viscous blood-thirsty monster.

One night you got curious, "Akaza, tell me, what were you like as a human? What was your life like? I'm curious" you asked him while you two were cuddling in bed, Akaza took a deep breath, "well, my human name was Hakuji, I was born in Edo in the slums and my father looked after me but he was sickly, I had to pickpocket and steal money from people to pay for his medicine, I got caught three times, the magistrate marked me with tattoos to show everyone I was a criminal, my father killed himself when he found out I was stealing for him, with my criminal tattoos I was banished from Edo, I got in a fight when I was fifteen and almost killed seven men in a village, the owner of a dojo, a man called Keizo approached me, he was so cheerful it pissed me off so I challenged him to a fight, that was the first and only fight I ever lost, Keizo let me live with him on the terms I care for his sickly daughter Koyuki, one day I found out the son of our rival dojo forced Koyuki outside and left her there, Keizo and I fought the members of the dojo, the son of the dojo swung his sword at me and I punched it which shattered it, after three years Koyuki turned sixteen and finally became well, I turned eighteen, Keizo offered me to take over his dojo and give me Koyuki as my bride, I visited my father's grave to tell him I was getting married and when I returned the owner of the rival dojo that we fought before, had put poison in the village well, both Keizo and Kiyoku died after they drank the water, in a fit of rage I killed all sixty-seven members of the rival dojo with nothing but my bare hands, the Demon Lord found me and was impressed by my skills and offered me to become a powerful demon, I had nothing left in my life to look forward to or lose so I accepted, I've been a demon for over 200 years, my only goal is to get stronger to protect those I love" he said to you, "oh my God, I'm so sorry, you must really miss her, Koyuki" you said to him, "I do, everyday" he told you truthfully, "I couldn't protect Koyuki, but I vow to protect you y/n, I care about you" Akaza said and he held you tightly against him. "Y/n, can I call you mine?" He asked, "only if I can call you mine in return?" You said, "of course" he said and he kissed you on the forehead.