Chapter 23

Ellie

I feel something fall on my bed with a soft thud. Then I feel the presence of two bodies on each of my sides.

"Ugh. Go away Marissa. You two should let me have some sleep." I moan in distress, pulling the covers further over my head.

My actions are followed by giggles, very familiar giggles.

"It's not Marissa. It's us." One of my attackers speaks out and I instantly make out the voices.

It takes me one second to seat up and pray that I'm not dreaming. And I am not.

"London! Paris!" I scream out their names before engulfing them in a bear hug. They giggle in my chest.

"What are you two doing here?" I asks when I pull away. They both start explaining at the same time and what I pick up is that mom dropped them by and Marissa brought them up here.

Gosh! It skipped my mind that they are supposed to be flowers girls together with Amber.

The bathroom door opens and Nova comes out. Her eyes widen in surprise when she notices our visitors. I do the introductions.

"You two, this is my friend Nova. Nova, these are my sisters, London and Paris."

The twins take a few steps towards Nova and I watch as they introduce themselves exactly how they've been doing since they could talk.

"Hi" They greet at the same time.

"I'm London." London raises her hand.

"I'm Paris." Paris does the exact same thing.

"We are twins. Identical twins." They speak again at the same time. Poor Nova, she isn't even able to get a word in. She just stood there staring like she was watching a show.

"How was Disney Land?" I ask loud enough for them to hear and they turn their attention back to me.

They jump back onto my bed and start talking immediately.

After I have had my shower and dressed up, I slope downstairs to a fully occupied living room.

There are bridesmaids. Aunt Medrine's friends, her seven longtime friends plus Nova, Marissa and I. They are sitting in a circle having their make up done.

Aunt Medrine is at the center of the circle while a hair stylists works on her.

I pass by one of the bedrooms downstairs where the flower girls are having their makeup done. I greet Amber and take the time to listen to one Disney Land story. Just one before I sneak out and join the other bridesmaids in the living room.

I pull a empty chair and join the circle. I try to follow what they are laughing about when I remember something.

"Aunt Medrine." I call out." You owe me a story?"

"What story?" She asks trying to stay in one position as they fix her hair.

"You promised to tell us how you met Ross. The meet cute." I remind her.

"Why? Why God, why?" She dramatically complains." I was hoping that you never remember that."
Laughter fills the room.

"Yes. Tell them." Her best friend and also maid of honor, Tessa, who seems to know the story challenges Aunt Medrine.

"Fine." Aunt Medrine surrenders.

"I was auditioning for a role in In this moment. Before my audition I was in the backroom and Ross approached me and tried to start a conversation. I had heard rumors about him having a different girl in bed every night so I blew him off infront of the whole crew and the other actors."

A round of laughter and comments fill the room.

"That's not even the worst part." Aunt Medrine shakes her head.

"When I walked into the room to do my audition, guess who was sitting behind the director's desk?" Aunt Medrine adds.

"Oh My God." The hairstylist working on Aunt Medrine exclaims.

"Ross was the director?" Marissa asks.
Aunt Medrine nods her.

"That was the most embarrassing day of my life!"

"And he still wants to marry you?" Another of her friends exclaims. We all burst out laughing.

The music was playing, a slow song that I did not recognize

The music was playing, a slow song that I did not recognize. The church doors opened, it was time for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to have their grand entrance.

London, Paris and Amber walking in as gracefully as we had practiced. Amber in the middle holding the pillow with the wedding rings and the twins on either side holding a small bouquet of flowers.

Nova in her long maroon sleeveless mermaid dress that matched all the bridesmaid dresses and Blake in his black neatly cut out tux followed next.

Marissa and Trent followed, Col and I followed as the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen went after us.

The church is filled with friends and family. People that Ross and Aunt Medrine have grown up with or attended the same school with or worked with. People that had seen them through their ups and downs.

We have all their attention as we walk down the aisle. At the end of the aisle, infront of the altar stands Ross. Looking as handsome as ever. I don't miss the hint of nervousness that he portrays. Like he could wait for us to take our seats so the love of his wife could come up and marry him.

"You look breathtakingly beautiful." Col compliments beside me. "You could make the bride herself jealous."

"Thanks." A brush creeps on my cheeks.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I add and he makes an effort not to laugh.