Chapter 4

Ellie

"Ellie, get up," I hear Marissa call out. There is urgency in her voice yet it seems faint so I ignore her. The next second, the warmth engulfing my body quickly fades away. A cold breeze sweeps my body and I shiver. My blanket is gone. I sit up and I prepare to fume at her when she speaks.

"Aunt Medrine and Ross are almost here," she informs me. Oh no. I forgot about that. Today is the day we are supposed to receive our new roommates, Ross' nephews and niece or is it nieces and nephew? Whatever.

"Go ahead and shower," she orders. I notice that she is already dressed up." I will pick your outfit."

When I return from the bathroom, there's a pair of jeans and and an off shoulder top with small laces at the sleeves laying on my bed and my suitcase is wide open.

We all slept in the two first floor rooms because we thought it wouldn't be fair to pick rooms without our new roommates around so we didn't bother unpacking.

Marissa scans my outfit. She bends over my suitcase and pulls out a leather jacket. The leather jacket.

"This should match," she implies. She frowns. "Though it kinda looks boyish."

She brings the jacket to her nostrils and inhales. Her eyes narrow as she stares back at me.

"Ellie, whose jacket is this? She asks out of curiosity.

Here we go! What do i tell her? It belongs to some jerk I met yesterday?  When I stay silent, she gasps dramatically.

"Oh My God, you have a boyfriend!" She concludes grinning from ear to ear. " It's your boyfriend's, isn't it?"

"No, I don't and no it's not." I speak too fast.

"You are lying." She accuses and sits on my bed with a soft thud.

"No, am not," I emphasize glaring at her.

"Then whose is it?" She throws back. I heave a sigh and sit on the bed as I clutch to my towel.

"Some guy I met yesterday gave it to me," I tell her. When excitement fills her eyes I add," and no I don't know him. It was just a one time thing so chill." I emphasize the chill.

She ignores me. "Was he cute?" She asks again.

"I don't know." I answer. She glares  daggers at me and I know that she won't drop the subject unless I give her more details.

"He had blue eyes. Zac Efron kind of blue eyes" I confine. She gasps in fake horror but I know that she is imagining the actor's captivating eyes on someone else.

"You like him, don't you?" She looks at me dreamly.

"No, I don't!" I scoff. "He is a jerk and perhaps I am never going to see him again."

"Good point," the way she accepts easily tells me that she is going to pry the details out of me later. "But you are wearing that jacket. It's a killer." I raise my hands in defeat.

" I raise my hands in defeat