Recovery

[Macaque's POV]

'Everything feels so dry...am I...in the desert? Wait...'  My hand laid on something soft and comfortable. Every sense in my body started to come back but it still felt dry. I opened my eyes slightly, light instantly blinded me for a few seconds. 'What was happening? Why was everything so bright?... Am I dead?' It took some time but my eyes finally adjusted to the shape of the room, things slowly came into view then what seems to be heaven. 'So I didn't die...' I was slightly congratulated for surviving. The sound of cars and birds was coming from the open window, which I was facing. I could feel every chilly push of the wind on my exposed back and a certain part that felt like it actually opened. I tried lifting my arm to feel the wounded but as soon as I moved it a sharp pain stabbed me in the shoulder. I clenched my fist, a habit I gained, making my muscles tense up, that did nothing but made it worse. I could help but whine. Seeing that it was pointless I sighed and relaxed my body. 

Memories slowly came back into my head as I continued to lay here. It felt like I was on autopilot, just watching myself being carried by Wukong and what felt like surgery being done on my back. For the most part, the intense pain was the easiest to remember. It was nearly every minute when I was awake. Observing the room around me, I noted that I could basically see ''The Monkey King" everywhere. I like out a silent groan, I still feel dehydrated, 'Can't someone come to check on me? I don't want to lay here in MK's room all day...' 

...

Now rethinking that thought, it might turn out to be that way. I am in no perfect state to be walking around a... Apartment? I have no clear idea of where I am, all the talking was muffed except for some parts here and there. Like...Working and I...little chat... He sounded so worried...doesn't he hate me? I closed my eyes feeling the warmth of Wukong's hand on my cheek again...' If he hates me then why would he send such mixed signals...Is he messing with me or is he only doing this for the kid...' The sound of the city waking up outside the window was suddenly getting to quiet muffled noise. I wanted to get up and leave, I could accept such actions from him? 

Why was I okay with him touching my face?... Letting him do all these things to me as if we were lovers...

'Lovers?' 

CRASH 

'What the?...' I reopened my eyes as my thoughts were intercepted by the sound of glass breaking. What came of the noise was a human with big round glasses that had a crack on the side and messy hair. ''Uh, Uhm... hello, Mr. Macaque...I see you're awake now. Please make sure you eat more of those, uhm...muffin balls." His voice was trembling as if he was nervous but he seemed tired, bags under the nerd's eyes. I didn't have enough strength to say anything back, I think he understood that I wasn't in the mood to talk, so now he knows that... What was his next idea? More talking. "Sandy will be back later on today...if you didn't notice...we're all pretty tired... especially MK so you might not see him today..." He said I did notice... and I knew I was the cause of that. "Don't try to move around, there is a gosh in your back, and movement will make it worst. We'll go searching for something to fill it while you're body heals.'' That was the last thing the monk said before closing the door quietly.  Leaving me here, and I can even reach the food. Nor can I get any water. horrendous service, 4/10. Pity points for waking up so early and saving me. 

Well, I guess I don't any other choice but to sleep. It is pretty early and I have no reason to be whiney. I took a deep breath feeling myself sink deeper into the mattress, I know my ears are exposed but there is nothing I can do about it. I shut my eyes once again, I don't care if this position isn't as comfortable, I can't move. 

The noise outside started to get louder, ugh, this is going to be difficult...

[God's POV]

After the talk with the demon, Tang dragged himself downstairs where Pigsy was cleaning up a shattered bowl that he had dropped due to his sleepiness. "Let's just have a day off today," Tang suggested. "We have an injured monkey upstairs and we are all pretty tired. Plus MK just came back." Pigsy sighed while throwing away the broken pieces. "Fine...but don't ignore that fact that this 'injured monkey' can still possibly hurt us...'' 

"Oh Pigsy, he can't do anything, he has a hole in his back. Macaque is in no condition to put us in any type of danger.'' The pig groaned, he had nothing left to say. Guess he couldn't win every argument. "Listen, Sandy will be back later on today, how about we just go back to sleep?" No response, Tang walked closer to the shop owner and cupped his face. "We both need it..." Pigsy leaned into his touch in defeat, he had a point. They were shaken up and tired, they needed some time to calm down. He nodded and with that Tang lead them back to their bedroom.

_______________________________

With MK and Mei, they were still sleeping. Took them a while but they eventually got it. But Sandy, he was wide awake. Sipping on tea and looking through his mechanical parts. "Too big...Two small... hmmm, Maybe?" Examining each part carefully as he took to consider what would cover up Macaque's hole and help him function again. Due to Sandy's kind soul, he was quick to help, ever since he was awake, he was aware of what will affect his back.

 Even though he was surprised that the demon monkey could live through such pain that didn't slow him down. The hole wasn't that big but it was pretty deep, lucky they managed to stop the blood from coming out and the rest of his body seem to heal perfectly. 

"Hmm.." Sandy help up a flat piece of metal. "This seems perfect but it needs to be bendy." Rejection. He placed the piece next to the side of the box he was going through and continued his search

____________________________________

Lastly, Sun wukong rested in one of the rooms in the cabin. Tiredly hugging the old photo, laying in his bed of regret. Stuff already packed up, mess cleaned. Now he just needed to sleep and rethink this entire situation. He doesn't plan on getting up anytime soon, he just needs some time alone. He won't say for long, he hopes, but he just needs some time for emotional recovery. They all do.

{Big Mac can't get his MacWater :c}