Chapter 17

I Walked Down That Familiar Street As I Approached What Use To Be My Home. I Started Getting Chills As I Made My Way To The Door. The Yellow Caution Tape Was Still Attached To The Door; Along With A Shitload Of Flowers And Stuffed Animals. My Mom Was Loved. I Slowly Opened The Door And Walked In.

"Carl!" I Yelled Out. No Answer. I Slowly Walked Upstairs And Walked Into What Use To Be My Mom's Bedroom. It Still Looked The Same From When I Found Her Dead. The Tears Formed In My Eyes As I Looked Down At The Dry Blood On Her Sheets. I Had To Get Out Of Here! I Hurried For The Door, But Stopped When I Came Face To Face With Carl.

"Where You Think You Going?" He Asked.I Slowly Backed Up.

"Where's Dakota?" I Asked.

He Grabbed Her And Held Her In His Tight Grip.

"Carl We Had A Deal. Let Her Go." I Said.

"Fine, But If You Tell Anybody About This Then Your Mother Will Be Next!" He Snapped As He Shoved Her. I Could Hear Kota Crying As She Hurried Down The Stairs. I Heard The Door Slam And Then Nothing. I Was Now Alone With The Devil Himself. He Walked Up To Me And Grabbed Me By My Neck. He Kissed Me Slowly, Before Shoving Me Back On The Bed. He Undid His Pants And Dropped Them To His Ankles, As His Erection Came To Life.

"Spread Your Legs." He Said. I Did What I Was Told As He Ripped My Panties Off, And Dug His Face In Between My Legs. Just Feeling Him Touch Me Made Me So Uncomfortable. He Gripped My Thighs As He Pulled Me Closer To Him.

"You Been Giving My Pussy Away?" He Asked. I Didn't Answer. He Slapped My Left Ass Cheek Hard.

"Ouch!" I Cried.

"Did You?" He Asked. Again....I Didn't Answer. He Slapped My Ass Harder. He Then Positioned Himself On Top Of Me And Aggressively Entered Me.

"Oh So You Have Been Giving My Pussy Away!" He Grunted. He Grabbed Me By My Neck And Roughly Fucked Me. I Tried Moving His Hands.From Around My Throat, But He Clenched His Fingers Tightly Around My Neck. I Was Gasping For Air As I Slowly Felt My Life Slipping Away. Everything Became Blurry And Before I Took My Last Breath....I Saw My Dad.
*
*
*
*
*
*
I Slowly Opened My Eyes And Noticed I Was Home In Bed. Wait A Minute...I'm At My Mom's House In My Old Bedroom. I Saw A Woman Wearing All White Standing In The Doorway Staring At Me. I Wiped My Eyes And Realized It Was My Mom.

"Mom?" I Said.

"Hey Baby Girl." She Said. I Quickly Got Out Of Bed And Ran Into Her Arms. She Hugged Me Tight And Kissed My Forehead.

"How Can This Be Possible?" I Asked. She Just Smiled At Me And Stroked My Hair.

"Daddy Is Going To Take Good Care Of You. And Jalen? He's The Right Guy For You." She Said.

"How Do You Know?" I Asked.

"Call It Mother's Intuition." She Said. I Looked Down At Myself. I Was Wearing All White As Well.

"Am I Dead?" I Asked.

"No Baby. You're Still Very Alive." She Said.

"So...I'm Just Dreaming?" I Said. She Nodded.

"Your Dad Finished What I Started. He Took Care Of Carl. He'll No Longer Be Around To Abuse You Anymore." She Said.

"Mom...I'm So Sorry. I'm The Reason You're Dead." I Said As The Tears Fell.

"Layla No...It Wasn't Your Fault. You Did The Right Thing. I Don't Want You Going Through Life Blaming Yourself. Do You Hear Me? You Did The Right Thing." She Said. She Pulled Me Into Her Arms. This Felt So Real.

"You're Going To Make A Great Mother." She Said.

"Huh?" I Said Confused.

"I Have To Go. I Love You And No Matter What...I'll Always Be Here To Protect You." She Said.

"Will I Ever See You Again?" I Asked.

"Most Likely. Say Hi To Your Dad For Me. And Tell Jalen He's Going To Have To Save Up Triple Time." She Laughed. I Cocked My Head To The Side. Was This Like Dead People Humor? I Didn't Get It.

"It's Time To Wake Up Sweetie. I Love You." She Said As She Kissed My Forehead. I Instantly Woke Up. I Was At My Dad's House In Bed With A Cold Towel Over My Head. I Looked Over And Saw My Dad On His Phone, And Saw Jalen Asleep In The Chair.

"Dad." I Said.

"Hey Bugg. You Alright?" He Asked. I Nodded.

"What Happened?" I Asked.

"After You Had Went Missing From The Funeral, Your Friend Dakota Came Running In Like A Mad Woman Saying You Needed Help. I Rushed Right Over To Your Mother's Old House And Found Carl Raping You, And Choking You At The Same Time. I Snapped His Neck In Two And Brought You Home. You Were Unconscious, But Thank God I Got To You When I Did. I Almost Lost You Again." He Said.

"I Saw Mom." I Said. My Dad Just Stared At Me.

"You Must've Dreamed About Her." He Said.

"No Dad...This Was Real. Her Hugs And Kisses Were Real! She Even Told Me To Tell You Hi." I Said.

"Oh She Did?" He Asked.

"Yeah. And She Told Me To Tell Jalen To Save Up Triple Time. Whatever That Means." I Said.

"Yeah...,That Does Sound Like Your Mother." He Said.

"She Was There Dad." I Said.

"I Believe You." He Said. He Stood Up And Sighed.

"Get Some Rest." He Said As He Walked Out Of The Room. I Know My Dad Still Loved My Mom. This Must Hurt Him Knowing That He Can't See Her Anymore. Poor Dad.