𝟭 𝟮 𝟯

art by yssadabest on twt!

her foot impatiently tapped silently, veiled by the tablecloth for nobody to see nor hear. she couldn't wait for this lunch to be over. camilo would ask for extra spoons, glasses, napkins, and would make y/n get everything.

she could do nothing but comply. after all, it was their apology meal for what happened last time. when she had to fetch a 4th extra glass for him, she was leaning towards the idea of just dumping it all on his head.

but she didn't, instead she did what she should've done the first time she's ever even met camilo and that was taking the high road. she wore a sweet cotton candy smile and nodded when he asked for a 5th.

or maybe not. she was barely able to get 3 spoonfuls of food because of his interruptions. by the 5th, she filled the glass up with hot water and watched as the boy unsuspectingly burn his tongue, y/n had to stifle her laughs.

"oh so that's funny to you?" camilo raised an eyebrow catching the girl.

"no no it was funny to us." mirabel cleared up, gesturing her hands to dolores, elena, rosa and ivan who were laughing as well.

after a few more minutes, the table was cleared. elena and y/n got up and gazed by the window with many people seamlessly going with on their day.

"wanna play 1 2 3?" elena popped out of the blue.
"what's 1 2 3?" dolores overheard. mirabel and camilo also peeped their heads.

"rules are simple. when i say one, y/n has to choose whether or not she'd want to go out with the first guy we see that passes through-"

"damn i feel sorry for him." camilo mumbled.

"speak when you don't have a swollen tongue."

"ANYway," elena tried to diffuse the tension.
"if she says no, then we move on to the second guy that passes through, she could say yes but if if she still says no, then she's stuck with the third guy. got it?" the people elena addressed nodded, she then turned to y/n.

"okayy.. 1!" they cocked their heads to the first guy who swished through the window, it was the priest who had to wear an obviously telling hair patch. "hard pass." y/n declined. the bystanders chuckled.

"alright...2!" the next guy to pass by was josé, the tallest man in encanto. "could help me reach some books from the top shelf..but eh." y/n shrugged.

suddenly dolores, mirabel and camilo were thoroughly invested to find out who the third guy would be. "okay drumrolll." she tapped her hands rhythmically on the windowsill.

"your mystery guy is....diego!" as clear as day, diego in the flesh walked by y/n's house in broad daylight. "diego! isn't that great?" elena cheered, very much unaware that the two had stumbled on a rough patch. neither did she know that y/n and him were sort of friends either. all she did know was that he was easy on the eyes.

y/n didn't tell any other soul about what happened the last time she saw him. it stays between her, diego and possibly dolores. y/n immediately covered up her dropped expression. and it seemed that everyone didn't notice except camilo.

the walls suddenly closed in again, and the air felt tight. that was the first time y/n had seen him since ...that. it threw her off her tracks, and she started to not participate in the ongoing conversation that was happening..since it was about diego.

"y/n you all right? you look a little...distracted." dolores checked in. y/n snapped out of it , pressing pause on the replay button in her mind. "yeah im alright, be right back." she excused herself from the group and headed by the stairs.