words we didnt say

she woke up to the roaring and burning sensation at the back of her head. it was so painful that she thought she died. the cave wasn't so dark anymore. through her somewhat blurry vision, she searched for the source of light..the madrigal candle !

the candle was right there in front of her!! despite the banging pain she got from rising too quickly she ran for it, only to be held back with such force. it was only at that moment that she noticed she was chained to the wall of the cave, a big fat chain. her fingers so so close to the candle. it was frustrating how it was just a few inches away, almost like it was designed to be like that. so close yet so far. she stretched her fingers so much just to feel even the slight atmosphere around the candle.

it was just standing there, flickering, taunting y/n. she cursed the chain holding her back. she cursed this cave, hell. she cursed the metric system. she stared at the candle, hoping itd be drawn to her in some telekinetic way.

maybe she was a damsel. y/n looked at it somberly.

then she heard footsteps, heeled footsteps. her ears followed and her eyes tried to find for figures in the swallowing darkness. and in the flesh, right down to the bones , it was andrea.

she didnt have a face of worry for y/n, not a look that even so slightly hints that she was here to save her. she examined the smug yet disgusted look on her face. all y/n had to do now was stare and put two and two together. "it was you tia? you stole the candle?"

andrea immediately neglected the question. "you know y/n? youre like ..a barnacle. you spoiled the gonzaleses' attempt and now look where your stubbornness got you." she sauntered around the room, maybe it wasn't her intention but y/n took it as a way to mock that she couldnt reach a specific part of the room.

"you...youre the allies he was talking about?" y/n looked at her aunt bewilderingly. she was almost unrecognizable, but then again, how much of her did y/n know ?

"not so much allies as, employer-employee. of course i couldn't have stolen it the first time. but the second was way too easy." she smirked.

"clearly not easy enough. i still found you."

"and look where that got you." andrea laughed. looking down at the chains. she picked up the madrigal candle, furthering it even more from y/n's grasps. "why tia, just why?"

andrea sighed in front of the candle. almost ceasing it. "you should see how alma truly treats me y/n. i am always known as your dad's sister. and ill forever be picking up the nieces for what your dad did. but this..."

her eyes glimmered  in the candlelight. "this is my revenge."

"why dont you just blow it out now and get it all over with?" y/n asked. partially afraid that maybe she might just do that.

andrea gazed at y/n with such disgust, "and miss the looks on the madrigals' face when i do it in front of them? i dont think so."

y/n tilted her head. "and how do you plan to do that? they dont know youre here."

"well, thats why i didnt immediately kill you off. youre the bait."

y/n gulped. "what?"

"you have that madrigal boy..whats his name...the curly haired one." she circled her pointer finger around her hair. "you have him head over heels, he'll go looking for you."

y/n would've laughed if it didnt send her a migraine. "haven't you heard ? he's with someone else now. im nothing to him."

andrea looked at y/n like she was a child who didnt know what 1+1 is. "oh y/n, you dont look at somebody who means nothing to you the way he does with you."