all of us

every second he wasted was a second that y/n could be potentially getting hurt, he'd very much like to drift his mind away from that possibility, but it was all he could think about as he ran back home.

having to stand still and watch as y/n was in chains, getting kicked and having to remain stoic, was possibly one of the hardest things he'd ever have to let slide.

when camilo arrived, he was greeted by celia, who really should've gotten the point by now : he wasn't interested.

now he can't deny that he was, but that was the keyword: "was." before she left, before all this, before he met y/n.

y/n showed him colors he couldn't see with anyone else. and she was the kind of girl you couldn't let go of twice.

"not now celia." he brushed past her and immediately headed to abuela, her white hair was tangled as ever, tending to concerns of the townspeople.

somehow , they all forgot to function like independent human beings now that the madrigal power was fraudulent. at first, concerns were very valid but it's getting more redundant as time passed by. one villager asked how could they smell flowers now...they live in the middle of the forest, all you have to do is walk outside.

once he caught up to abuela, she immediately silenced him. "oh enough, it doesn't take a genius to know that you let her out. stop pretending as if you didn't let a criminal walk free."

tehnically, i let an innocent person walk free. he thought. "i know where she is."this caught more of abuela's attention, her eyes darting for more information. camilo started talking.

"she's stuck in a cave, she escaped to find who took the candle and she did, but they found her and now she needs our help."

abuela's posture struck with panic "and hows the candle ?"camilo deadpanned . "is that all you got from what i said ? the candle is fine, but y/n-"

"quick! lead us to this cave. and who is this "they" that found her?" before camilo could respond , the answer graced the entrance with a disappointed look on her face. andrea walked towards them. camilo immediately went rigid, his expression dropped. andrea had a sad look in her face, and camilo couldn't help but view her through a different lens.

andrea sighed. "no sign, no leads on the candle." me when i lie. camilo internally rolled his eyes. abuela pinched the nose of her bridge. " yes, me and my grandson were just talking about that. so camilo, who stole the candle?"

camilo wanted to point at andrea and get it over with, but he couldn't look like he's even in the slightest bit , onto her. y/n is still under her custody, they're willing to hurt her. who know what they'll do to her if their plan foils up this early.

he swallowed. "i don't have specifics, but i narrowed it down to people who must not like y/n. why else would they frame her and not anyone else?"

abuela chuckled. "oh great, so you narrowed it down to everybody in this village." her shoulders drooped, betrayed of the anticipation of new, useful information.

"and quit thinking she was framed, she is guilty." abuela added. camilo wanted to rip his curls out.
"for the last time, i saw her. before the blackout, i focused on her. she was on the same spot the entire time, she wouldn't have been able to steal it that fast."

"but nobody else here has solid motive but her. who else hates us more than she does?"

the other person standing in the room with us right now. (ft . her kids)

camilo was once again about to protest but abuela waved him off. "enough, we need to track down our candle, that's priority #1. alert your cousins and parents." now, camilo obliged, except for one little thing: