save the date!

if you kept a secret in encanto, more likely than not, it's not a secret.

especially if you publicly showcased it to everyone.

it hadn't been an hour yet the whole town was buzzing about how camilo got a girlfriend, and the lucky girl being the town's infamously known troublemaker.

in 20 minutes, y/n was able to tell the whole story front and back to camilo who listened intently to every word. "is that why, you felt like you don't belong?" he wondered.

"well, it's a good guess." she shrugged.

"she doesn't know what she's talking about." camilo added. how i wish i believe you. y/n mentally said to him. he saw how unconvinced y/n looked, even if she didn't communicate it through words.

he grabbed the stuffed bear and handed it to y/n, "just remember, whenever you feel that way, feel free to scream,cry, or hug and squeeze the living shit out of this thing."

y/n never got to truly appreciate the bear from first sight, given she was too preoccupied with her wound, she just then realized how fluffy, soft, and stuffed it is. "until i pop the stuffing out? "

"until you pop the stuffing out." he lent a reassuring smile.

in the last few minutes, they were able to clean out all the shards left and threw it out, and at the very last minute, y/n's family rushed in.  rosa first zoomed to the very much frightened girl.
"is it true is it true is it true is it true!?!!" she shook the girl back and forth.

her eyes then drifted to camilo who sat in the chair right beside hers. "before we answer that, im going to need you to let go of my girlfriend."

if y/n was chugging down a glass of water, she would've spat it out. girlfriend. she was somebody's girlfriend. it may have been fake, but the butterflies made it feel all the more real.

she  glowered at him, giving him a look that sent the message why would you say that? he slyly smirked at her, amused by the look of panic in her eyes.

she definitely blacked out for a minute there while her family, mostly rosa squealed in delight. even elena who healthily left no room for sour thoughts. "wait, how did you hear about this?"

"because the whole town is talking about it?"

__________________________________

"okay what if, i accidentally tripped down the stairs that i can't even walk?"

"no." camilo dismissed.

"how about i fell face flat and am too embarrassed to show myself?"

"no." he said more firmly this time.

"you're of no help." y/n threw a dress on her bed. "why does your family insist on this dinner anyway!" the pressure of having to keep up an image of being a couple was too much and it's just been a day, even if it was just for show.

"becausee they wanna meet my girlfriend?" he suggested. "well they met me already! there's no use doing this again." y/n's arm cramped up from pulling multiple dresses from her closet, nothing worked. she laid on her bed and stared blankly at the ceiling.

camilo sat right by the edge of it, already dressed up for the occasion with his formal yellow ruana, though y/n couldn't even point out the difference from the regular one.

"they were already pissed that they had to hear the news from crazy fish lady than from us, so it's the least we could do." camilo reminded, y/n groaned, burying herself in the pile of clothes on her bed. she refused to leave it.

"fine, ill pick." camilo pulled out an item in y/n's closet that she hasn't used in forever. "how about this?"

y/n shot her head up, she gave camilo a dead stare until she realized ...he was serious.

"uhm, camilo.?" she held in her laugh.

"yeah?"

y/n slowly pointed at the dress. "that was my snow white costume i wore for halloween 4 years ago."

"oh." camilo slowly put the dress back from where he took it, with an embarrassed look. the teasing began from here. "now id happily wear that if you're coming as bashful or grumpy."

"y/n-" he was already embarrassed enough.

but she didn't listen and gleefully cut him off "and if that doesn't work for you, you can always dress up as the other 5 dwarves, even the evil queen."

he blankly stared at her, obviously sick of it
"...you done ?"

"yes." she shot him a smile he couldn't get mad at, even if he tried.

"they're fluffing your pillows in hell, y/n l/n."
camilo chuckled. he threw a pillow at her and she just barely dodged it. "well i hope their mattress is comfy enough." she shot back.

"wait i found one!" y/n plucked out an outfit from the large pile, it was her lucky dress, in a slightly darker shade of her favorite color. it was a one shoulder, an inch above the knee. formal and yet captivating enough.

and all camilo could think was how beautiful she would look in it. "we could make it work."

"you memorize the script? how i won you over, how i asked you to be my girlfriend and everything?" camilo asked. " my family is insanely intrusive and they will be asking these."

"yeah, no shit. and of course i do, because i made the script. your version was way too cheesy."

camilo furrowed his brows, and said a little more defensively "no it wasn't."

"come on, won me over with chocolates and flowers?" y/n hit his chest with the hanger. "could you be more derivative?"

camilo shot her a clueless look, which immediately turned into a scowl, "well love letters don't sound so original either."

y/n lightly laughed. "flowers die, chocolates get rotten, a letter on the other hand is timeless." she ruffled through the mess on her bed one more time. "trust me, any girl would prefer a love letter over those."

"you keep telling yourself that ." camilo shrugged, cockiness rubbing off his shoulders

"hey! i am on a time constraint and it's the best i could think of! " y/n unwrinkled the dress. "all you could think of was a lousy first date starter pack!" stupid flowers and chocolate.

camilo's cheeks lightly blushed, that may or may not have been what he originally planned to give y/n instead of the bear, until isabela talked him out of it. it seems that nobody knows what a woman needs more than a fellow woman.

"so why don't you just worry about how you'll deliver these lines in a believable way." y/n demanded.

"please, you're talking to the king of mischief." he said, a bit more with pride. y/n grimaced.

"now remember, we don't have to do much, probably just walking around holding hands would satisfy them enough." he sat beside her by the bed while she toyed with the fabric of her chosen dress.

he noticed her nervousness creep in. " or... you just tell them one of gonzales' men got a hold of me?"

camilo's face darkened, his eyes lost its enthusiasm. "y/n, that's not funny ..."

"oh come on lighten up!" she deflected, she couldn't understand why his disappointed stare made her feel a bit upset.

camilo sighed, he didn't even want to let himself imagine her in that position. "it won't be that bad, it's just one dinner, then a break up 2 weeks later." a date he wasn't looking forward to.

"then we can forget all about this."

y/n nodded, "okay." she picked the dress up in her hands, ready to change.

"now get out of my room."

____________________________
A/N!

i wanna thank every single person still reading despite my slow updates :( for a moment there i did forget about the existence of wattpad and i apologize 😭