~ Chapter 5 ~

(Y/N) POV

Tobio and Hinata are in the gym practicing, and I'm helping them where they need help. I'm not super athletic, but I understand volleyball. So I know where to help. I see Asahi peek in. I don't say anything because I want to see his reaction to Hinata's quick spike. He looks so shocked that I have to giggle a little. He looks at his hand and has a strange look on his face.

"Quit looking at your hand loser!!" I yell to him teasingly. He looks at me and I can almost see exclamation marks above his head.

"WHAT?? I'M NOT-" he puts his hand down and shoves them in his pockets awkwardly.

"Sweet! Those cats won't stand a chance against our quick attacks!" Hinata yells. This causes a confused look to fall onto Asahi's face.

"We've got ourselves a practice game. It's the last day of camp," Daichi tells Asahi. Asahi jumps. "Hey! What's your problem??" Asahi starts running away. "Don't run away from me!!"

I stare at the Ace in disappointment. "I'm getting outta here!" Asahi says. "You scare me when you get mad!!"

"Well it's not like I'm mad all the time!" Daichi retorts.

"Well.." I start off with a joking tone.

"(Y/N)!" Daichi yells at me, and I just laugh at him.

"We weren't expecting this. We know nothing about them. And the rivalry feels like an old folk tale. I mean. It was the generation before us. So it was never really relevant to us. But now. It's time to face off. Crows vs Cats. It's so strange to think we're about to have our first rematch with Nekoma in years. I gotta say, I'm pretty psyched about it," Daichi lectures.

"It's just Suga, and well, of course, Nishinoya too. I can't face them," Asahi says.

"You know what Asahi. You really are pretty timid. Especially for a big guy. And Nishinoya is the opposite of that."

"And you could stand to be a lot less blunt," Asahi complains.

"Anyways, it'll he fine. Nobody else on the team has a problem with it. Unlike you, they're pretty open minded. Even (Y/N) is," Daichi says.

"HEY!" I let my mouth fall open in pretend shock.

"Uh, Daichi, I thought I remembered you being nicer," Asahi stumbles out.

"I'll be nicer when you stop being such a wuss," Daichi responds, and I laugh at his response.

"I don't care so much about you skipping out of club activities for a month. And then awkward about finally coming back. Because if you still love volleyball. That's reason enough to play," Daichi says to Asahi. "Not just that, we've got this new kid who's dream is to be the Ace."

Asahi starts staring at his hand again. I start debating whether or not I should slap it or hold it. Before I can do either, Daichi punches Asahi's chest.

"Hey!" Asahi exclaims

~ Small time skip ~

Everyone but Asahi is in the gym. They're doing stretches and warm ups right now. I walk around the gym in boredom, picking up stray balls etc. etc.

"NOYA!! HOW'RE YOU SUCH A BADASS ALL THE TIME?!" I look over and see Tanaka sobbing into his arm.

"It's nothing to cry about!!" Noya yells back in response.

Takeda enters the gym. "Uh. Excuse me!"

"Alright come over here guys!" Daichi yells and we run over to them. I see the worker guy from the store we go to.