~ Chapter 9 ~

I'm gonna switch to 3rd person and see how I like it. regular Italics is (y/n)'s thoughts

3rd Person POV

From the balcony, (Y/N), Tobio, and Hinata see the 3 third year players walking together.

Hinata waves down at the third years, "Good morning," the three of them yell down, waiting to be let in.

"Good morning! We'll unlock the room for ya!" Daichi yells back up, and to the other 3rd years, "Time to go."

"Yep." The two beside him respond.

"Took you guys long enough! We've been waiting here foreverrr," the older Kageyama complains.

"Oh be quiet, (Y/N), you know to ask for the keys when you know you'll get to the school first!" Daichi responds to the boy.

"Well I didn't know Tobio was gonna want to get here before Hinata, otherwise I would've!"

"Should've, would've, could've. Not my problem." Daichi teases, and the boy pouts back in response.

~~ Time skip - Sendai City Gymnasium (aka the tourney) ~~

As the team walks into the building, they hear a couple guys from another team trash talking Karasuno.

"Oh yeah, what are they called?" One asks.

"Uh, something about how they're 'fallen champions,'" The other responds, "Oh, the 'Wingless Crows,'" he remembers.

The whole team surrounds the poor guys, quite intimidatingly.

"Oh! Eh, maybe you should keep it down," The first boy tried to warn, but Tanaka had other plans.

"What did you just say?! 'Wingless Crows'?! Well-" He tries to intimidate before Daichi pulls him back.

"Cut it out now. I'm really sorry." Daichi bows in apology to the two.

"Uh- it's cool," the two say.

The team continues to walk into the building after Tanaka's attempt at an outburst. All the other teams are murmuring about how Karasuno is "Kind of scary," or how Asahi "Looks like a grown man,"

"Wait! Is that who I think it is! YEAH! It's Asahi!!" A boy from another school comments in fear, making Asahi look at the floor embarrassed.

His teammate looks confused, "What? Who's that?"

"You mean you don't know? He made his goons beat up some guy from North High. Then he got caught selling stuff on the street. He got held back 5 years." The boy tells lie after lie about the poor Karasuno Ace.

"Oh boy, here we go again, Daichi," Sugawara states.

"It's hard to avoid those comments with your looks," Daichi teases Asahi.

"Wha-uh- what's the matter with the way I look?" Asahi questions worriedly. "I'm a taller guy, so what's wrong with me wanting to look all tough and wild?" He questions.

"Okay, yeah. You see, no one who's tough or wild would ever say that, dude." Sugawara points out.

Nishinoya laughs at the friendly giant, "What's the big deal, dude? Who cares how you look?"

"See, this is what wild looks like," Daichi and Suga tell Asahi while putting their hands on each of Nishinoya's shoulders.

Walking in behind the team comes in Takeda, (Y/N), and Kiyoko, discussing how well the banner worked the night before. And with Kiyoko's presence, comes a lot of inappropriate comments about how she looks. The wild second years hear the comments made about Kiyoko and start circling her like rabid dogs, ready to attack anyone willing to approach her.