0.4

Skylars POV:

This class was amazing. The techniques that he's teaching are precise and neat and notes are so short and quick. But then Ashton had trouble writing down everything at such a fast pace.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Not really." He assured turning to me.
"Do wanna copy my notes?" I asked, showing him my pages and pages of words.
"Thanks. I'll catch up with you later about them." He said smiling. His scruffy face was adorable. He had dimples as deep as the ocean and the stuck out so beautifully that I'm so hypnotized with looking at them. They come through so easily when he talks or moves his mouth. And he is always smiling so they're always there.
I heard a a bell ring and I guess that was time to leave. I had an hour before my next class so I decided to take that time to get to my apartment across the street from campus. My rental car was sitting patiently waiting to be driven. Like it wanted to race around town and show me everything it's shown other millions of people.
I opened the small door to my small apartment. It was a two bedroom apartment but It was quite cheap. The landlord pays for most of it since I'm only a freshman and I don't have a job yet.
"Hey aren't you supposed to be in class?" I heard my sister say.
"I have about 45 minutes until my next class and I kinda wanted to spend it here. I want to get used to the feeling of hiding from the police. Since we kind of are on the run from them."
"They'll never find us." She assured.
"You don't know that." I rushed back at her. "They could be right outside that door waiting to get us and take us away, ship us back to Australia. Im kind of glad we moved since we have a new life to start but seriously, I don't want to be arrested and end up back at the same place mom and dad got sent. They got put in a mental hospital for criminally insane people. We can't end up like that."
"Tagging walls isn't criminally insane."
"Yeah, but minor stuff leads to major stuff and I CANNOT deal with that."
"Why are you so uptight?"
"Because we have so many risks of getting caught and you don't seem to care." I answered back slowly. "I have to get to class. Don't do anything stupid."
I walked my ass back to the campus and went on with my day. Ashton was in some of my classes so I was pretty happy about that. Later on in the day, Ashton took off his jacket and his arms were huge, just amazing. His veins flexed when he got frustrated. You could see when he got angered, he would breathe through his nose and his muscles would flex.
The day went well and I think I'm really like it here. America didn't seem like fun whenever my sister TIL me we were going here, but the college is pretty nice. And the weather in New York is beautiful in August.
After school I decided to go job hunting. I applied for about 5 different places hoping for a call back. I got one a few hours later from Dollar Tree which was right outside of town and I worked part time. I was quite lucky since I didn't really have the best attitude with them.
By the time I got to the apartment, I saw that my sister had taken the day to fall asleep. I mean it was almost 8.
I would get some sleep too but the teacher gave us a lot of home work so I spent all night doing it. The photography homework was a lot harder than I thought. There are too many filters to even comprehend to put in photos. Many of them I had never heard of. Some of them I've noticed from my iPhone and Instagram, but seriously. What is Altera? I don't even know.
I finally finished the homework and tried to get some sleep but there was some noise coming from an apartment somewhere in the building. I tried tuning it out but the noise was so loud. It sounded like drumming on a drum set. Who in their right would do that at 8 at night?
I walked out of the apartment into the hallway and knew exactly which room it was coming from.