Chapter Six: A New Home

Dear Diary,

After Shawn and I finished with our serious talk, we stopped and I bought a small first aid kit. Now, my hand is all wrapped up and nice. Also, while I was in there I got a notebook to write in! So, if you haven't noticed, because you can't, since you're not real, I'm not writing on a tiny scrap of paper! But I did keep that scrap and tape it to the front page with a band-aid (yes, I use life-hacks). Shawn's currently sleeping AGAIN, boy, he can sleep and eat like there's no tomorrow. I should take note and get on his schedule so I don't keep having these awkward situations where he sleeps while I sit in his limo and write in a notebook. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT WHEN HE WAKES UP AND I'M JUST STARING AT HIM LIKE A FOOL. Yeah, that's when it's awkward. There's always this time right after he wakes up when we just don't talk because he's trying to open his eyes and figure out where he is. It's quite adorable actually but that's BESIDES THE POINT. Now, I got to go because the limo driver is rolling down that little window thing to speak to us.

Love,

A girl who needs to get on Shawn's sleeping schedule,

Skylar

"We're here," the limo driver tells us.

"Um, where exactly are we?" I ask him, slightly confused since this isn't a hotel.

"Mr. Mendes requested that we drive far away and then come back a little bit so you guys can transfer to the tour bus that has all your stuff in it," he replies with a bored expression and at the looks of it seems to be half asleep.

"Oh, thank you, sir. Let me just wake up Shawn."

"Shawn," I whisper, shaking him a little bit, "It's time to get up, we have to move to the tour bus," when he doesn't even stir, I go to plan two, "SHAWN!" I scream, roughly shaking him and patting his cheeks a little bit harder each time, "IT'S TIME TO GET UP YOU LAZY BUTT! THERE'S A BUS WAITING FOR US!"

"WHAT?" he mumbles sacastically, turning his back to me, "can you talk a bit louder?"

I laugh because even when he's half asleep he still manages to be sarcastic. It's literally the exact oppisite of me. When I just wake up, I don't even have manners, I can't function or talk or anything. I need a good hour before I can communicate properly.

"C'mon baby Shawnie, times a wasting and you have a tour to be on!" I give him a small pat on his butt as I make my way out the door. IT'S NOT WEIRD, I SWEAR.

"Hey!" he laughs, flinching away from my motherly butt touch, "I'll get you back for that! You just watch!"

I continue to cackle as I step onto the air conditioned bus. Even for being outside for a second I can already feel sweat starting to gather on my forehead underneath my lenghty waves of hair, especially since I'm still in Shawn's sweatshirt. It is not a day to be outside in Florida unless you're at the beach.

I quickly grab an elastic off my wrist and twist my hair up into a messy bun, and yes, I am one of those girls who keeps hair ties on her wrists at all times. You never know when you'll have a hair emergency.

"This is nice," I comment once Shawn makes his way into the bus. From where I'm standing, I see the drivers seat, a small kitchen, a couch and table as the 'living room', and I'm farther down the length of the bus is the bunkers, bathroom, and maybe another lounge area.

"I know right, first the limo, now this? This whole fame thing gets wilder and wilder everyday. Just the other day I was staying at a hotel for only one day and I got this fancy suite that I totally didn't need. I don't have high standards at all but they apparently like to give me the best."

I nod even though I don't quite understand, I'm not trying to be some prissy rich girl, I really wish I could see where he's coming from but like I said before, I've never had to worry about money, in fact it was basically handed to me on a daily basis when I was only five years old.

I'm used to hotel suites and stocked fridges so it's hard to understand his surprise, but I do get how he feels about not needing the best with his low standards. I never felt like I needed what I had, and I was glad to donate anything I could.

"You're doing that thing," Shawn interupts my thinking.

"What?" I blink a couple times, trying to remember what he said because I wasn't listening when he interupted my train of thoughts.

"Your doing that thing where you try to feel what I'm feeling, I've seen you do it so many times and I've only been with you for a day.

You look off into space, tilt your head a bit, and bite your lip a bit as if your connecting your own memories to mine. It's like you're putting yourself in my shoes in a much more complicated way then it needs to be," he says, as if he's just thinking out loud.

"You're very observant Shawn, most people don't notice that about me for days. It took my grandfather a couple days to realize that when I was younger and it took my sisters a few months to realize I definitely was an odd child," I laugh. "But seriously, I didn't realize that I bit my lip also, I though I just tilted my head like a dog."

"I don't think it's odd, I think it's actually cute, you're an extremely empethetic person. It's a nice quality to have," he smiles.

I stare at him, why are these butterflies erupting? It's not like he kissed me or something, he just complimented me. People compliment me all the time, right? I mean they're usually maids or employees but why does it feel so different when he compliments me?

"Skylar? You there?" Shawn asks, waving his hands infront of my face.

"Y-Yes," I stutter, trying to cover it up with a short laugh at the end, "Thank you, by the way. I'm just really tired, I didn't sleep at all in the limo."

"Oh," he laughs, "I'm also tired, I'll show you the sleeping area."

He places his hand on my back and leads me towards the back of the bus, "How are still tired? You literally slept the whole ride!" I giggle, ignoring the goose-bumps forming from his touch.

"I'm a growing boy!" he laughs, "I need my sleep!"

"Oh, my bad, Shawnie, next time we stop to get food I'll make sure to get you two happy meals," I tease as we walk.

"That's what I'm talking about!" he yells.

"JESUS SHAWN!" I jump, totally frightened from his volume, did I mention he yelled right in my ear? Yeah, well, he did. "Some people would like to hear still!"

"Sorry," he laughs sheepishly, "I'm just excited for my happy meals."

"Okay, big boy, okay."

"Moving on," he continues, "the bathroom's down there and your bags should be on your bed," he says pointing out the different places.

"Bags?" I question, since when do I have bags?

"Yeah, I had one of my bodyguards find your beach bag back at the pool, get your room key, go into your room, and pack all your things into bags. Then they packed my bags since I didn't have time to and then they brought them to this bus."

"Wow, can I meet this bodyguard and give them my card? I'd like to hire them, they sound like a super-hero," I laugh.

"True, he's pretty awesome, his name is Marcus. He'll be joining us later on in the tour. Right now, he's with his family for a bit but we have Stan driving the bus and Connor as the other bodyguard."

"Great," I smile, "Now, where are we going?"

"Next stop, Orlando!" He yells, excitedly.

"Why?"

"Harry Potter world!"