Chapter Fifteen: A Wedding

2 weeks later

"Please don't make me do this," I cry, completely aware that my make up is running along with my tears.

"Don't be an ungrateful bitch and be happy that I'm not locking you up in a castle for running away. You had your vacation, now it's time to be brought back to reality," she snaps, yanking my face close to hers to redo my makeup.

Eventually, she gives up completely and just puts one layer of waterproof mascara on, deciding I wasn't worth it to waste makeup.

Shoving me to the door in my disgusting wedding dress, she yanks me into the hallway, lining me up behind all the bridesmaids. I barely know any of them but most of them are my mother's friends.

The small flower girls and ring boy start first as the traditional music sounds. Next, the bridesmaids leave the small hallway and I watch as one after the other leave, counting down my time as a free woman. I mean I was never free but at least with Shawn I had felt free.

My heart aches at the thought Shawn, the more that the days move on, the more I believe that he's dead. Maybe he never got out of that fire and I just have to except that I basically murdered an innocent person- someone that I had learned to love.

More tears spill over my cheeks, I need to face myself. He's gone. Now I'm marrying the killer and I have no say because I'm trapped in my mother's hands- once again.

As the last bridesmaid disappears around the doorway I know it's my turn to walk down the aisle of death. Unconsciously, my feet carry me down the aisle. I walk alone, no father to hold my arm in pride.

He's also gone- I'm not sure where and I doubt he's dead but there must be something preventing him from getting to me, I mean this wasn't some kind of hidden marriage. It was huge- all over the newspapers. My father would definitely come save me if he knew... Right?

I'm knocked from my thoughts when I realize that I'm at the end of the aisle. Shaking, I try to calm my wobbling legs as I step up the stairs, clasping my sweating hands. When I make it to the top I meet Carter's ugly gaze, just the sight of his terrifying icy eyes send goosebumps up my arms.

He slides a greedy hand up and down my arm but I jerk away, not even hiding my distaste from his touch.

The ceremony drones on but I just zone out. When the annoying man asks if I say 'I do' I ignore him, when he asks for the vows, I stay silent. When he announces that the groom can now kiss the bride, I dodge the kiss, letting him place an urgent kiss on my cheek. I can see the disappointment and anger in his eyes but I ignore it as people clap and I stalk down the aisle.

I feel humiliated that I'm not even seventeen yet and I'm already married. I feel angered that I'll be tide down to a killer. Scared that I might be his next victim. And heartbroken that Shawn and my father are missing, Shawn probably being dead.

Tears thunder down my cheeks, pouring down in defeat, sadness, anxiety, every possible emotion. If I just had one more chance to kiss his lips, to say goodbye, I'd be just as sad but I'd still have closure. Now, all I have is my thoughts and I hate it.

Actually, I hate everything. My life is completely in pieces and I'm back to square one. I really thought Shawn was fixing me, but now he's gone.

My heart continues to ache with a hollowness that's indescribable. I know it's been two weeks but he won't leave my thoughts. He's also been in magazines, fans are starting to worry and there's a whole search party. It kills me to even think that someone might find his burned body laying near the door but I try to keep those thoughts from my head. It pains me to even think about that.