Chapter Three: A New Skylar Woods

Dear Diary,

I've decided that while I'm staying at this hotel, I should at least find the person who 'knew' me and bought me a room for the night. Honestly, it scares me but since I'm a 'new' Skylar Woods, I'm going to move around this bump in the road with style. I don't need to freak out, but I do need to find them so I can make sure that they're not one of my mothers friends. The last thing I need is her finding out where I am and demanding me back. I might be a child still but I can handle myself just fine. Got to go now, the waiter's coming back with my drink.

Love,

The new, fearless, RESPONSIBLE girl,

Skylar

"Thank you so much for the drink, sir. I really appreciate it," I tell the waiter as I sun-tan by the pool, quickly putting my diary away.

"No problem, Ms. Woods, do you need anything else?"

"Not at the moment, thank you," I reply, turning back to the pool while sipping my drink. If life could be this easy all the time, well I'd never leave. Technically, I don't have to leave, but the new, responsible Skylar Woods is telling me that my problems are going to catch up with me sooner or later. But whatever, for now, I can ignore my responsible thoughts and just live in the moment.

As soon as I finish fighting that small battle in my head, someone catches my eye. Well, looks like my problems are catching up now!

Fear literally eats me alive as I pull my sun hat farther down over my face and slip on my cover up, trying to hide my identity from him along with my body. The brother of my one and only true enemy is standing only a couple feet away from me. How did he find me? Is this some part of my mothers evil plan? There has only been one time in my life that I've been this scared and it was a time that I never want to relive, and being near this guy makes me think of him, it makes me think of my dead sister, it makes me think of how she died and who murdered her.

"Ms. Woods, huh, that's a really familiar name, where have I heard it from?" He mocks, chalking up my nerves.

"It's a really popular last name," I tell him, trying to sound confident even though I'm still hiding under my hat and I can feel tears of anger and fear piling up in my eyes, "You're probably just thinking of someone else."

"No," he snarls, whipping my hat off and throwing it to the ground, "I'm thinking of you, Skylar!"

I flinch at his gesture and start to shake as he gets closer to me. I can feel his hot breath against my face but I refuse to look him in the eye.

"Look at me!" he snaps, roughly grabbing my chin and pointing it towards himself, "You put my brother in jail and for that I will make your life miserable, if there's one person your mother loves, it's me, and she's going to blindly help me kill you. I will tear you apart until you get what you deserve and end up just like your disgusting sister, Cassandra," he whispers, squeezing my chin with more force every second.

I cry out in pain, wondering why no one is helping me, he can insult me and even threaten my life, but he will not insult the sister that his own brother murdered with his bare hands.

"Don't touch me!" I screech, jerking my chin from his grasp, "Help me!" I scream. I jump out of my chair and start to dash towards the hotel activites counter where someone should be. I reach the counter in a matter of seconds still wondering where everyone is.

"Help!" I bang my fist on the counter, "Is anyone there!" I scream. Where was the waiter who was just serving me a drink seconds ago? I twist around to look at the pool area, only to find a completely empty place. There's not a single person out here except Carter, how is that possible?