Chapter 3- New Beginnings

"Y/N, take the orders of the guests who just sat down over there!"
"Y/N, go bring the food over to that table!"
"Y/N, go help clean the dishes!"

These were all things that Tsugumi Hazawa would shout at me. Soon after I left the hospital, I had ran into a help wanted sign at Hazawa Café. Seeing as how I no longer had a supporting parent or a roof over my head, I got a job there. Although, I felt as though I could've found a better place to work. Here, they're short on staff so I end up running around while Tsugumi orders me around most days. Luckily, after Tsugumi and her parents heard about my situation, they were more than happy to let me stay with them. Even though I do feel guilty about it.

After another chaotic night at work, I slumped down onto a chair and let out a heavy sigh.

"You sure like bossing me around, don't you, Tsugumi?"

"You got that right!" She giggled, "It doesn't help that we're severely understaffed at the moment."

"I'm guessing that's why you took in a homeless teen with no work experience in without question?"

"Exactly!"

"You shouldn't complain about working hard, Y/N" Eve added, "Being worked to your limits is part of the bushido way!"

"I don't want to live like a samurai though. I just want a roof over my head." My response was immediately followed by a loud growl from my stomach.

"Fufu it looks like Y/N is starving. Why don't we all have something to eat. I think we all deserve a nice meal after working so hard." Tsugumi said.

"I have an idea, why don't we grab some ramen at Galaxy Ramen then go to the late night concert at Circle! I heard Poppin Party will be performing some of their new songs there!" Eve suggested

"Great idea, Eve. Say, Y/N, you've never seen a girls band perform, right?"

"Can't say that I have. I feel like guys who like that sort of thing are a bunch of perverts. Plus, heading to a concert this late kinda a bad idea. I mean, I want some sleep..."

"But, Y/N, living off of little sleep is bushido!"

"Let's head out now, I know you're going to love Poppin Party."

-Twenty Minutes later at Galaxy Ramen-

"Hey, Masuki! We're here!"

A tall girl with dyed blonde hair glared at us from behind the counter. She looked like a delinquent to me. Was she really a friend of Tsugumi? I noticed that Masuki was examining me from head to toe for a few moments before speaking.

"Since when did you talk to guys, Tsugumi?"

"Oh, this is Y/N L/N, he is working at my family's café." Tsugumi responded.

"Hey." I waved nervously at the delinquent girl.

"How cute... why don't you all sit down and get something to order?" She gestured towards empty seats.

"Did you hear that Y/N? She called you cute!" Eve teased me.

"Y-yeah I know." I knew I was blushing. My face must've been burning red.

"What's the matter, Y/N? Never been complimented by a girl?" Tsugumi joined in on the teasing.

"C'mon Tsugumi. You always give me a hard time at work. You don't have to give me a hard time here," I looked at Masuki, "I'll have the mega beef bowl."

"Wha?! But I'm paying!" Tsugumi protested, "You can't just choose the most expensive item on the menu when I'm paying!"

"Hmm...Eve, don't you think ordering the biggest bowl of ramen is bushido?"