Touching the Ice.

Paul's eyes fluttered open before he was able to sit up. Something held him down slightly before his head started hurting. He laid down before noticing Dawn curled up beside him. He paused before closing his eyes.

~~~

He was woken up again with some food. Dawn smiled as he gave a soft reply.

"Morning. How'd you sleep?" He decided against remarking about waking up earlier before he spoke.

"Decent... it still hurts a little..." She smiled as she rubbed his back.

"You know... your body has healed, but your mind hasn't. I know because you have yet to show your normal mindset." Paul looked away. While she was right, he knew that it was healing. He now only had two thoughts racing each other. Better than before. He finished the food before she pressed a hand against his head.

"I-i'm alright-"

"Is something wrong?" He shook his head slightly before a dizzy spot hit. Damn it. He gripped his head before she sighed. "You rest. I'm off to pester the others."

~~~

A little while after she left and the dizziness rested, he was able to have time to think. He didn't want to show his soft side, but between the thoughts from before and traveling with the group, it was getting harder to hide it. His eyes touched the package that rested in his bag. This was going to be difficult.