2 | Pʟᴀɴꜱ

𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐢

I cried all night. I didn't sleep. I didn't eat. I didn't leave my room. I just lay there with my face in the pillows, bawling my eyes out.

In the morning, I was exhausted from sitting awake all night. I rolled over and my mom came into my room.

"Nini? What's wrong?" she asked.

"Boys suck!" I screamed into the pillows.

"Is this about last night?"

"No, mom," I said sarcastically, sitting up. "This isn't at all about the boy that broke my heart twelve hours ago and said 'Let's take a pause!' when I told him I love him. Of course, it's about him!"

"Shh. It's okay, baby. Do you want to talk about it?" She hugged me as I cried.

"Not now. Maybe later."

"I'm here when you're ready." She pulled out of the hug and smiled at me.

"Okay. I think I want to talk to Kourtney first."

"She'll be very happy to hear that. She's in the kitchen right now. I'll go get her."

My mom left the room and it took exactly four seconds before my best friend, Kourtney, marched into my room with a cupcake and pizza. I love her.

"Your moms told me you haven't left this room in over twelve hours. Eat," she said, sitting on my bed and handing me food. I realized I was starving.

"Thanks," I mumbled, my mouth full of pizza.

"I saw your video!" she exclaimed. "You did great!" she smiled with so much pride I almost didn't have the heart to tell her about Ricky. But I knew she'd be furious if I didn't.

"I wish Ricky had the same reaction." She frowned.

"What does that mean? What did he say?" I took a breath. I wasn't ready to relive it yet.

"Oh." I frowned at the cupcake. It didn't seem as good now.

"What do you mean 'oh'?"

"Ricky said 'Oh.'"

I told her everything and by the end, I was crying again.

"Oh." Really? That's the first thing you say? "That explains a few things. I got a text from Ricky last night. Look." She handed me her phone so I could see the messages.

IMESSAGE

ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ 1:09 ᴀᴍ

Ricky
Have you talked to Nini recently? Like in the last five hours?

You
No.. why? Is everything ok?

Ricky
Ya. It's fine..

You
Why do I feel like you're lying?

Ricky
Idk what you're talking about

You
I actually think you do
.............
ANSWER ME RICKY
RICHARD!!!!!!!
😡😡😡

I was so angry. He'd texted Kourtney before me? I wasn't the only one. Kourtney was in the middle of a rage spiral.

"I can't believe he dumped you! That ungrateful little—" I put up my hands for a time out.

"Whoa. Relax. It's fine. I'm fine. I'm leaving for camp tomorrow anyway." Camp. Frick. "I haven't packed yet!"

"Here to help." Have I mentioned she is amazing?