6 🛑 Know Thy Enemy

‼️Please Let me know of any other sites you come across so I can name and shame the bastards‼️

I am going to attempt to name as many of these dodgy sites, apps, exchanges, whatever, and I am going to include as much about them, in case you are a victim of their actions, and are trying to find what there is you can do about it.

I will start with the nightmares I know, and then the rest will be alphabetical.

Here's the culprits that are out there, stealing your works:

[2/6/23 - It seems that at least for now, this site has been finally taken down

[2/6/23 - It seems that at least for now, this site has been finally taken down. I must say, I am definitely relieved, but will not hold my breath until it, or another comes back. At least for now though, if this site had your works, it appears, you may take a breath of solace. One monster has been taken down.]

[20/6/22 - See also: "NovelWw." Sneaky pricks. It appears NovelWw is mirroring NovelHD? Or something? Maybe not mirroring, however this sit has now popped up, and it looks identical to NovelHD, right down to the fact that they have the exact same content NovelHD has on their site.]

This one I have had the personal displeasure of having personal beef with.

5/5/22
NovelHd appears to be a Reading database from Latvia, Russia, although it is a Vietnamese website.

Let's briefly touch on 'mirror (/lens) sites'

A mirror/lens site, is basically a website that mirrors exactly what happens on your published profile, on their site. Therefore, just like if you move your hand to the left whilst standing in front of a mirror, the hand in front of you will move too.

This means, if you unpublished a story from your profile, it WILL unpublished from the other site. Tried and tested, I have done this, and it did unpublish it from the mirror site.

However, Unfortunately, NovelHd, is not a real mirror site, and therefore, deleting your works, will not delete them from Novelhd.

Therefore, this leads me to think that if your mood is appearing on NovelHd, it may well exist in other places. I.e., they have taken the story from a mirrored site and put it on theirs, or perhaps because of the sheer amount of content stolen on that site, perhaps Novelhd mirrors your work, but that is where the mirroring ends - shunting your works across.

There is one other point to note.

The works on Novelhd, may not be current. I had 173 chapters of a 182 chapter book of mine copied across, BUT, I can determine through the timeline, that somewhere around June-ish last year, they stopped transferring it, since I made a vital error in my work in missing a chapter number. I then spend hours going back through chapter titles and correcting the chapter number.