하나

HE SEEKS HELP

HE SEEKS HELP.

—————

Running away from problems was something he was never good at.

He never failed to face the obstacles put before him. As a great descendant of Dangun Wanggeom, his destiny was to continue what was started before him. And so, he lived in Asadal, ruling the Ancient Korean Kingdom of Gojoseon. His kingdom reigned and never strived, even at the times of drought or great rains. Trading and exploration were the main concerns of the Kingdom and the King always acted in the interests of his people rather than in the favour of the nobility.

Unlike his predecessor, the new King was a blessing to the inhabitants of the Korean Kingdom. He was honest, reasonable, sympathetic, and tolerant. His commanding skills were never looked down upon and endless stories of his victories soared above the lands and beyond.

"Your majesty,"

The King turned around and was met with a frightened state of his closest advisors, Da-woon. Dark brown hair, reaching his shoulders, was put into a half-bun on top and accompanied by a golden headpiece which hang near his temples and reached his jawline. The same deep brown eyes were wide and sparkled slightly, from the tears which were forming or the light — the King did not know.

"What is the issue, Da-woon?" The King asked the male before him.

"The vice Dangun of Beonjoseon is here and is demanding your audience," Da-woon bowed a little, eyes never leaving the King's, "he is angered you did not meet him and is keeping our court alarmed by it,"

The King hummed, "inform him that I shall speak to him shortly,"

"Yes, your majesty," Da-woon bowed and left the chambers of the King.

Looking out of the window once again, the King examined the city's streets which lay before his eyes. When he took the throne, he had requested to move his private chambers in the higher levels of the temple where he would be able to admire the morning sun cover the streets of Asadal every day of his reign. Unusual request for a royal which lands had never seen, but no one would defy the King himself. People loved him and admired him for what he had done. One of his greatest achievements was the truce between Jinjoseon and Beonjoseon after two decades of war his father had begun once. It was peaceful, no lives lost and both sides emerged as victors.

He took one more look at the city and left his chambers, walking slowly towards the hall where a vice Dangun of Beonjoseon waited. The King was aware of the temper that man held but his own tolerance allowed him to avoid havoc between the two. Once the truce became official, the two confederacies' aim was to unite the third one and put an end to brutal lifestyles of all, which is why he requested for the vice Dangun to meet him every five full moons and discuss possible solutions until it is decided. Walking through the corridors whose wooden pillars had ornamental carvings, illuminated by several candles as the sun began to set, the King had finally concluded what should be done with the third confederacy.