Epilogue

I still feel it, the cruel strokes of my past, trying to get me again, but my canvas was already full, my canvas was already filled with happiness, love and a family that I found with my friends. I also found the perfect master of my canvas... My Ashro.

No matter how cruel the strokes are he still found a way to be gentle as he rode with my waves of life. No matter how dark the colors may get, he bacame the sunshine that cannot be measured, he became my light. No matter how confusing my canvas got, he never gave up because he knows he's all I have.

In the end, nothing can ever be as gentle as my love for Ashro that transcends bounderies and limits. My love for him cannot be measured by time, and cannot be said by words. No enough 'I love yous' can ever express my gratitude and love for him.

No words can ever express my heartful thanks to the painter of life for painting Ashro in my life, even if I know he deserves someone better than me. Loving Ashro was like seeing heaven on earth, a never ending happiness and a free access to a happy ever after. 

In the end the cruel strokes of our yesterdays,

Wasn't strong enough to make him not love me.

That even if the strokes pulled us apart before,

The canvas of our lives were already drawn next to each other,

We were always meant to be together.

***

"Bro, tara na!" haya ni Jiyo.

Our usual thing for almost three years now, go to the kiosk near the gate every first day of school and find ladies we're interested with. I walked with Jiyo who's currently on his sport's wear on the first day of school and Chevy who's reading a book, also on the first day of school. Tangina ako lang ba ang tamad ngayong first day sa amin?

Dahil nalibang sa paligid hindi ko na napansin na may nabunggo na akong babae. Shit, buti 'di siya nabuhal. Una akong napatitig sa kaniyang mukha dahil kahit masulyapan mo lang ang kaniyang mukha ay para na siyang malungkot. Kung sa pag sulyap pa lang malungkot na siya, paano pa kaya kapag natitigan ko na siya?

"Pasensya na." She said, not even looking at me. 

I stared at her uniform, tss, she's not even wearing the proper uniform. I considered her a freshie but I seem to be familiar about her looks. Pinilig ko ang ulo ko at nag hanap na ng puwesto at tinuro agad kay Jiyo.

"Dito na tayo, Jiyo." suhestiyon ko.

Umupo kami sa kiosk sa dulong dulo dahil wala rin namang nakaupo. Si Jiyo ay tumayo lamang sa entrance ng Kiosk, talagang ready na kung may mapupulot man na babae, o baka may hinihintay, Malay ko riyan. Chevy stopped reading to look for girls too, even if we knew he wouldn't grab any.