iv. 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐞

"What's happened to you?" Elle asked in worry as she went to the infirmary after Loralie hadn't shown up for French

"What's happened to you?" Elle asked in worry as she went to the infirmary after Loralie hadn't shown up for French. She sat with a bloody nose and a pack of ice.

"Cheer practice this morning was brutal." she spoke as Elle sat with her. "I was dropped in the process of flying."

"They didn't catch you?" Elle asked in disbelief as she removed the ice to look at her nose. "Oh, yeah. You hit the ground hard."

"Very." she sighed. "They didn't mean to not catch me. Cheerleading is a dangerous sport."

"I'll say." Elle agreed, grabbing her bag. "Come on, let's at least get you back in your uniform. I just need to grab my bag from class."

Loralie held Elle's hand as she stood up, ice in her other hand. "I wish Tao was here."

"Why's that?" Elle looked over to her curiously.

"Because he does so bad with blood and it's funny." she smiled, wiggling her nose to regain feeling from the ice. "Maybe i'll get dropped again at the game and he'll have to deal with me then."

"Let's hope you're done getting dropped." Elle shook her head as the pair rounded the corner, coming across Tara and Darcy as they held hands, giggling and smiling with the other. When they caught sight of the pair, they pulled away.

"I was just admiring Tara's hands." Darcy pointed out. "Cause, like, mine get super crusty in the cold, but hers are really soft."

"Lotion, am I right?" Loralie finger gunned toward the pair.

"I'm sorry if i've got totally the wrong idea here, but are you two, like...dating?" Elle set her bag down with a curios look, her arm pressed into Loralies.

Tara and Darcy shared a look. "Don't tell anyone, okay?"

"Aww." the brunette gushed as she sat down first. "This is so sweet. I love gay couples so much. Not that I have an issue with hetero couples, but gay couples rarely get portrayed in media and then you have to deal with the angry millennials in every single social media post, and-"

"What she means to say is we won't tell anyone." Elle cut Loralie off by grabbed her hand.

"Only a few of our friends know but I think you two are officially part of the inner circle." Tara spoke as her and Darcy looked to each other again.

"Inner circle." Loralie gushed. "Inner homo circle."

"Loralie." Elle scolded her with a laugh. Darcy and Tara laughed as well, holding their hands out for the two to grab.

"Also, 'hers are really soft,' that's the gayest excuse i've heard in my life." Tara mocked Darcy with a laugh.

"You've befriended the school lesbians." Darcy smiled at the pair. "To be fair, I figured you'd have..what is it? What's the bisexual turn for gaydar?"

"Bi-Fi." Loralie nodded with a shake of her head. "I'm gonna be very honest, I never know how to turn that thing on."

"It's true." Elle nodded as she rubbed her back.

"Hello, my favorite people." Loralie walked into Tao's room that evening. "I can't believe it's only the four of us."

Tao scoffed. "I can."

"Look." Loralie did a spin in her cheer skirt. "It's all fixed for next Saturday."

"Let's hope you don't fall on your face again." Elle pushed up on her elbow.

"Dropped." Tao corrected her. "They dropped her."

"Accidentally." Loralie dropped the skirt and pulled sweatpants from her bag. "It's a dangerous sport."

"You should have stomped on their fece on the way down." Tao spoke, moving over for her to crawl into the bed. "Ladybird?"

"Ou, Saoirse and Timothée." Loralie agreed with an excited look.

"No." Elle exhaled.

"Moonlight?" Tao rose an eyebrow.

"Ou, Naomie and Janelle." Loralie gushed.

"Moonlight's so sad. I don't want to cry." Elle huffed in disbelief. "Plus, Loralie has to cry for an hour when a single tear falls."

"I can't help it, Elle. It's uncontrollable." she defended herself in return.

"What about Arrival?" Tao rose an eyebrow after checking his computer once more.

"Amy Adams and attractive man who I won't say the name of, because we don't support, but we love his characters!" Loralie cheered as she tossed her fist above her head.

"Oh, my God, that's even sadder." Elle tossed her head back slightly.

"The world is a sad place, Elle." Loralie looked her way. "Films are only portraying reality."

"I want to escape reality." she sat up more. "Can't we just watch something funny?"

"I thought we were having a film night." Tao tilted his head her way.

"Yeah, a fun one." Elle defended her previous statement.

"I just wanted it to be like old times." Tao admitted, sitting completely still at the end of the bed.

"Well, it's not old times anymore." Elle held her cup of tea, breaking the news. All three of their phones went off.

Issac: sorry gang, i'm super sick and can't make it tonight. enjoy your evening, tellalie ☺️

"Tellalie." Elle frowned her eyebrows.

"It's the three of our names combined." Loralie realized it immediately, not as if her and Issac had spent plenty of time coming up with ship names for everyone.

"Tell a lie." Tao repeated. "Our names together is literally Tell a lie."

"Two truths, one lie." Loralie held up three fingers. "I hate PB&J, I fake tan every Sunday, my eyebrows are naturally this nice."

"Loralie, we all know your eyebrows aren't naturally that good." Tao shook his head.

"And you make me help you fake tan." Elle pointed out. "I've seen you eat PB&J before."

"Nope, just the PB, no J." she shook her head. "Jam actually makes me fell very bloated and sticky. Reason number three why I hate it is because once when I was young, my Mum thought she sh-"

"How's Scary Movie 5?" Tao spoke up as he looked to the girls.

"Lindsay and Ashley!" Loralie yelled.

kylie speaks

tellalie