vi. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧

"Loralie! Lori!" Tao shouted for her with a cheer, holding a sign up with her name on it

"Loralie! Lori!" Tao shouted for her with a cheer, holding a sign up with her name on it. "Cheer your heart out!"

"Is that your boyfriend?" a girl on the cheer team asked her.

"He's my friend." Loralie gave a tiny smile her way.

"That checks out." she laughed with her two others friends, the two going back to their staring points. Loralie pretended it hadn't bothered her much, taking a breath as she stretched her legs while the boys got warmed up on the field. She gave a dramatic wave to Charlie as he did it back.

Loralie hadn't lingered long before they were needed to start the line up, the other team running out.

"Loralie, you ready for the stunt?" Britney gave her a grin. "You're gonna do amazing."

"Oh." Loralie was taken back by her kindness, smiling at her. "Thank you."

The game began, their team hadn't been doing well. Elle held Taos arm in fear when she watched Loralie. "It's happening."

"Let's hope she doesn't turn into butter again." he braced himself, taking Elle's hand.

Loralie tightened her core when she was lifted by the two girls, the base behind her incase she were to fall. Her arms were tossed into the air with a bright smile. "Go, Truman. Let me h-"

She was cut off by a pain in her leg, wincing as she looked down and saw Britney squeezed her shin rather hard. Loralie tried to ignore her. "Let me h-ow!"

"Somethings wrong." Tao gave a fearful look.

"Stop." Loralie spoke as both the girls on either side of her sunk their nails into her legs. "What's the matter?"

But, neither answered her, they just let her go. Let her go with a push forward in order for base not to catch her, Loralie collided with the track harshly with a huff. No one seemed to care much, the team always ordered to continue their cheer routines regardless of what happened.

Tao and Elle were about to head her way before a shadow covered Loralies entire being. "Are you okay?"

It was hard to tell if he was sincere, like he actually cared, or if he'd just been asking to ask. Loralie didn't know his friends had been talking about her the entire time the game had went on, she didn't know he was only trying to impress them by showing some form of interest into her. But, she couldn't stop to take that into consideration. Not when he was so pretty, not when he was the only one to help her up before her friends go to her.

"No, no, no, no." Charlie fell into a fit of panic at the sight, stopping mid game to watch this new interaction between two people that should have never gone anywhere near each other.

"Oh, I think so." Loralie nodded, looking up from the track. "Happens a lot."

He held his hand down when catching his friends eye, they all gave provocative body rolls his way. Loralie gave a small smile, taking his hand as he helped her up.