xii. 𝐈'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

"She says she doesn't want to talk

"She says she doesn't want to talk." Elle spoke when Tao showed up. When Loralie got into the car, Becca was worried for her daughters upset state. She'd always been on the emotion side, often cried in movies and when she was overly happy. But, this was sadness. She was upset, and she hadn't been able to tell her why. Becca wasn't sure what else to do then call Elle and Tao.

"Lori." Tao touched her leg, she moved it farther away. Her back was to them, facing the wall with her Dads sweater and curled into her body pillow. "Your Mum said you're really upset."

"We just want to help." Elle spoke, not touching her after seeing how she reacted when Tao had. "You can tell us anything."

"You went to the cinema." Tao pointed out, Becca said so. "Was it with Ben and his mates? Like you said?"

She didn't say anything then either, keeping her back turned and eyes shut. Elle frowned, trying to lean over some to look at her. "We just want t-"

"Just leave me alone!" Loralie rolled over, raising her voice at the pair of them. She knew they were trying to help, just like Charlie and Nick had been. But, she didn't want to talk, she wanted to be alone. "Leave me alone!"

"Fine." Tao stood up first. "We just wanted to help you."

"I don't want your help." she rolled back over, curling up into her pillow again.

Elle put a hand on his arm to avoid him saying anything again. "Whenever you're ready to talk to us...we'll be around."

Loralie squeezed her eyes shut when her door was shut, the pair leaving. She stood up, walking to her window to watch them leave together, surely talking about her. Come back. Don't go. She wanted them to stay, but she said to leave. She wanted to be alone, but she wanted someone around too. She rubbed her eyes again, sniffling as she adjusted in her sweater. Her feet brought her down stairs to her Mum, she'd been on the couch.

"Hi, Love." Becca moved her arm for Loralie to lay her head in her lap. "Doing okay?"

"I wish Dad was here." Loralies voice broke, squeezing her eyes shut as she thought of her Dad. He'd know exactly what to say, how to handle her emotions. He'd been good like that, too good. A trait he passed down to his daughter, despite it getting her hurt too many times.

Elle was grateful Loralie hadn't shown up to school the next day. Clearly, after she embarrassed Ben, there had been rumors about things she did in the cinema. Rumors that every boy there, aside Nick and Charlie, agreed with and made it seem like it was true. Elle was sure it would get back to Loralie soon, but she'd been glad she didn't have to handle it today. Only, when her and Tao were mid conversation about it, they hadn't expected Nick Nelson to ask for Loralies address.

And, despite Tao not approving, Elle had given it to him.

"Your Mum let me up." Nick walked into Loralies bedroom. Her back was away from him. "Brought you something."