A new beginning

Travis and I walked for a while. We were holding hands and breathing in the fresh air. When we got to the beach there wasn't very many people there. It was around nine at night so technically no one was supposed to even be there.

Travis and me walked hand in hand on the beach until we got to the pier. We walked up the ramp and Travis picked me up making me let out an embarrassing squeal.

I wrapped my arms and my legs around him as fast as I could. When he picked me up without any warning I always felt like he was going to drop me.

Travis let out a laugh from the bottom of his gut.

"Did you think I was going to drop you?"
"Maybe a little."

Travis smiled at me and shook his head.
"I would never drop you."

He set me down on the wooden railing banister of the pier. He put his hands on my waist holding me that way making sure if I was going to fall he could catch me. I dropped my arms from around his neck and draped them around his waist.

My legs were spread and at his sides dangling and he was standing directly in front of me.

"What are you thinking about?"

I looked up at Travis as he was standing directly in front of me looking at me.

"Nothing honestly."

He gave me a questionable look but didn't press it further to see if I was lying.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

Travis looked at me as I asked the question.

"Well about us."
"What about us?"
Look Addi I like you. Like a lot. I mean I've kind of liked you for a few years. Even when you did hate me. Like what I knew about you anyway, I was just to nervous to say shit."

"Okay understood."

Travis smiled at me as he continued.

"I know that you and Damien just like for real officially called it quits and you probably need time to heal."

Travis took a breath.

"But I want to be with you. I like you a lot Addi and I have feelings for you and our sex is like a whole other level that I've never experienced that shit with anyone before in my life."

I was looking at Travis as he was taking. He was nervous. His body language said it.

" I heard everything you said to Riley today. Which means you feel literally the same way that I do. I think you just haven't said anything to me directly because your scared of getting hurt again. Which is a valid reason but if you trust me enough I'll show you I won't hurt you. Not now or not ever. I want to be with you Addi more then I have ever wanted anyone else. You make me happy and I don't ever want us to be apart. I don't want us to not do this just because we're scared."

Travis finished talking and saying everything he had to say and he looked at me waiting for me to say something. He looked as if he just completely opened up to me and like I wasn't going to feel the same way. He was prepared for the worst.

I looked at him and gave him a small smile. I put my hands in his shirt and held onto his back.

"I do have feelings for you travis and I do like you. Like a lot. Like a lot more then I honestly thought was going to happen. You make me happy and you make me feel extremely fucking safe which is a pretty big deal for me. The sex with you is definitely other worldly I have to agree with you on that. I am scared of being hurt again but for some reason I trust you enough to not hurt me. I want to be with you too travis."