To Leave Or Stay

(I need to get better at writing again, sorry for the wait and short chapter)

3rd person pov

Ilia: ...You holding up alright?

Y/N: Been getting the crap kicked outta me. Yeah, pretty good

The tribe sat around for a feast, congratulating Y/N for passing his trials and becoming worthy of joining them, having caught up with Neo and Ilia who had snuck in beforehand.

Raven: While you'll only start as a grunt, I can't wait to see you take what's yours with your strength. To the Branwens!

They cheered and raised their drinks in the air as Y/N looked to his food briefly, needing a moment or two. For once, his efforts and work had paid off, and people were acknowledging him for it.

The shorter of the two infiltrators glanced over to the teen, feeling out of place. Not just because he snuck into the camp, vut the fact that he wasn't really part of Y/N's life anymore.

Ilia: ...We can sneak out tonight

Hearing this the teen took a moment, running a hand through his hair only to just nod in response and go on to enjoy eating an actual meat for once instead of the scraps he was getting when in the cell.

Once all the merriment was done and people began to stumble back to their tents to sleep Y/N went over to the cell he was sat in and leaned on it a little, holding his side as she took in a deep breath.

Behind him stood Raven, the two seemingly aware both knew they were there so neither turned to face the other, just waiting for someone to say the first thing. A moment of silence lasting between them.

Raven: You know, it's been a while since we've had someone new here

Y/N: Ain't that nice. Guess I must be special or something?

Raven: You're troublesome is what you are, but that's what I've been looking for

Raising an eyebrow in confusion he turned, not expecting to see the Bandit Chief so close. Their hand quickly moved, hitting the cell behind Y/N's head to trap him place causing the teen's breath to hitch.

This elicited a chuckle from the older of the two who started to lean in a little. All Neo and Ilia could do was watch from a distance, unable to hear what was going on but if they got closer then Raven would most likely tell they weren't with the tribe.

Raven: Relax, you're family now. I'm not going to hurt you... Well, only if i need to rein you back in

Y/N: What's with the-the closeness then?

Raven: You got a problem? I mean, a little skinship isn't so bad, is it?

He was confused at this given they weren't touchin only to have Raven lean in closer, their foreheads touching as the Cheif's other hand laid on the left side of Y/N's chest, settling there briefly.

This only worsened how perplexed the teen was, his heart began to race while he gulped a little, having a dry feeling in his throat all of a sudden. The hand started to move a little, trailing along wherever it wanted.

Raven: So tense... that's good, you shouldn't be calm around me. You never know what I could do

Y/N: S-So what might you do?

Raven: Wouldn't you like to know

The hand now moved up from his torso, cupping his chin and gently turning his head from side to side, seemingly checking him out as he pulled his head back a short distance.

Raven: The strong should stay together, shouldn't they? I thought my ex was, but he settled for some weakling

Y/N: R... Right. Anyway, I need to get some rest-

Unable to tell what they were taking about Neo leaned in close as Raven whispered something to the teen, his eyes widening briefly before slowly looking to the older Bandit who stepped away.

Now walking off from here and back to their tent Raven left Y/N alone for now, with the teen slowly waking over over the gate, his head hung. Clearly the Cheif said something that troubled him.

Soon enough the two began to head over, hoping to use Neo's semblance to make it seem like they were still here while escaping. Sitting down on the grass the teen stayed still, hearing them coming closer.

Turning his gaze over he spotted their disguises being lifted a little as Neo let out a breath, using his semblance for such a long time being a real struggle. Once they joined him Y/N leaned his head back a little.

Ilia: Let's go now, come on

Y/N: No. No, I think it's best I stay

A surprised look adorned Neo's face for a moment before it turned into frustration, getting smacked along the back of the head in response. He couldn't convey what he wanted to say, but the teen could guess well enough.

Y/N: L-Look, I know this whole this has been to save me, but... I'm safer here. We'd constantly be moving, so-

Ilia: Do you know what the Branwen's do?

Y/N: I don't- but what does it matter? As long as they keep seeing me as strong, I'll be safe

Ilia: And you're just willing to do what they crazy old bird wants?

Going silent for a moment Y/N looked over his shoulder briefly towards Raven's tent before nodding at the question, now standing and starting to back away, turning his back towards them.

Y/N: Give everyone my regards. I'm sorry I got you all caught up in this mess

(Lemme know what you think)