Chap. 1

It's 6:00 am, and sadly, I have to get ready for school. I never really like school, like most kids my age. But in order to have a good education and a good life...then I have to work hard and try to pass 10th grade. It's nearly over though, so soon I can sleep in and stay up without being so tired I pass out (not literally) in class. My teachers never really bother to wake me up anymore. With the average of B's, I guess they don't care. I hear mom call my name. "Violet! I made breakfast!" I sigh and let my head fall low. "Yes, Mom! I'll be down in a sec!" I could feel my mom being disappointed from here. I slip my note-book into my bag and rush down the hallway. "Hey mom!" She smiles at me. "Hi Violet! Good morning!" I sit down and chug some tea. "Morning..." I gasp, because, well I chugged tea I need a breather. 

She pats my shoulder. "Oh my my, you surely can chug a drink, can't you?" She chuckles. I nod as she places some bacon and eggs in front of me. "Heh. I guess, mom." She looks at me like she always does this time of the morning. "When did you go to sleep, Violet." She says stern. "You know me." I try to laugh the problem away, and eat quick so I can stop this conversation from happening. "Don't even try to run away from your problems, young lady. You need to get sleep or you'll just keep falling asleep in class!!!" I sigh. "Mom...I fall asleep in class everyday...But I guess my ears pick it up or something because I have all B's for grades!" She walks over with another cup of tea. The tea is paler than before. "Please...for me..?" Silence is the only sound I hear. "Mom...I gotta get to school now..." I hug her goodbye. "See ya mom!" 

She stands still. I go to open the door, grabbing the door handle, when I process the silence. "Mom? Are you ok?" She walks slowly to me. She gently grabs my arms and sits me on the couch. "Just stay home today...ok?" I'm shocked and I'm sure she can see that. "Please..." She begs. I sit still, then slowly nod. "O-Ok..." She claps her hands with joy, and gives me a hug. "Thank you, Violet!" She squeals. 

She walks over to the kitchen again. I lay still on the couch. She walks back over to me with a tiny, TINY needle. "The doctors recommend that I do this..." I try to move away. Not away, just move. I...I can't... She chuckles. "Did my dear lose her bones or something?" I try to nod, shake my head, but I can only blink. Not even talk. She gets closer to me. The needle comes closer to my arm. I feel a pinch.

Was it really that bad that she had to disable my movement? Good god...