The Warrior - 23 -

I ran from the pack doctor as fast as I could. I knew the wolf in me would protect our child as best as she could but at this point, the only thing that has me worried is that I could lose the only family I have left.

My intense worry is for the kids.

"I tried to stop them, I really did" I held Jacqueline by the throat while Samuel and Lauren try to pry my hands away from her.

Where is Blaine when I needed him?

"They separated the kids from your siblings, they wouldn't tell me where they are being kept but I assume Paul has taken your brothers because he needs them to break the hold over the pack" I let her go and watch her crumble to the ground.

"Kaleb, let me take a few of the men to get my nieces please" I tried to hide the tears from falling because all I felt was anger that I had let this happen

He nodded his head as five men stepped forward.

"Samuel you go with Violet and keep the link open"

'I have to do this Blaine, I love you' I could feel his disappointment wherever he was but understanding soon found it's way to my heart. I breathed in deeply trying to tap into our connection but he was blocking me out.

"He's going to take Paul" Samuel says as he packs up what he needs. I stop and stare at Samuel

'Why didn't you tell me?' I push my voice through the link and connect with Blaine

'I love you baby but I wanted to be the one to kill him' I understood how much he needed this. I shake my head for a second before turning towards everyone

"We will go in human form, take weapons... I know there are a few humans working along side Paul but if my gut tells me right, it will be humans watching over the kids as to not frighten them" I tell the men as we gear up. Jackie walks in the door grabbing a few things "What are you doing?"

"I want to protect you if things go bad" She whispers. I nod my head in her direction "And the kids will be held at warehouse" I nod my head again and motion for everyone to move out.

...

...

It was a little too quite for humans to be lingering around the warehouse where we knew Paul was hiding out.

The men that I came with were slowly approaching the building from all sides. Jacqueline has my back watching for anyone who dares approach me from behind.

I tap her on the shoulder and gesture that I will be going in. I held the gun out in front of me as I push the entry open. One man steps out in front of me, I hesitate for a second before I shot him in the head.

And that's when things start getting interesting. These humans have guns as well and are laced with silver.

"Crap" I yell over the gun shots. I look over and see the humans shooting at us being taken out from the men with me. I'm glad I took the approach I did.

I was trying to push the slight pains in my heart I was feeling, but I had to be strong for the kids. Because if their parents couldn't come to get them, they will be expecting me to come for them.

As we begin to approach the doors to a room situated in the middle of the warehouse, I sense someone approaching me but before they can take me. They scream and then it is silenced. I turn around to see Jacqueline stab them in the throat and twist the knife.

'That's all of them Vi' Samuel says through the link

I rush to the doors of the small room and push them open to find ones I was not expecting.