The Warrior - 17 -

Knowing there could be a chance in our future to have kids, we decided it wasn't a good time. Back the condom went on, although our wolves both showed their distaste for the feel of this barrier between them. We had rushed to the supermarket after seeing the doctor and bought protection that imitated skin on skin. Our wolves knew our views on children right now and are slowly accepting of it.

Female wolves were only designed to carry pups and stay home but as time progressed, female wolves evolved along with the time but all packs still believe that warrior wolves need to protect the young. Now there is me, I was a part of the alphas bodyguards, although I never looked like I could take someone on, I packed a punched.

Here I am now, standing in the meeting with the alpha and his commanding officers arguing with my mate about who would be best to go along to take Paul down.

"Look, we all know who the best sniper is in the pack, which means we need to have someone up there covering our backs" I nod my head in Kyles direction "At the same time, we need him down there with us... Blaine and his boys have been trained by the best, who else is good with a rifle?" I frown at Blaine who looks like he has won the ultimate prize.

"Actually the only other people that know how to handle one is Esther, Samuel and Lacey and I'm not about to let my mate and your Luna get hurt" Kaleb says as we all nod

"It could work with two of them at this vantage point while we go in and kill Paul and his followers before he harms my family" I say pointing down to the map

"Who says you are going anywhere?" I roll my eyes

"Can you both stop with the arguing and work together?" Kaleb snaps making us hush and look down at the map. I could sense Blaine fuming more at each disagreement we had so to calm him, I drop my hand and takes his in mine. He sighs squeezing my hand as if using me to keep his mind focused. Turning back to the map, he tells Kaleb our plan. I feel an overwhelming feeling of pride feel my heart at this plan that we came up with together.

Although Paul taught everything he knew to my brothers, it was Isaiah who taught me everything I know and he learnt it from his uncle who raised him after his parents died. Paul and his uncle never got along because of the history they had so he wouldn't suspect a thing.

My hand squeezes Blaine's back, I watch his eyes drift back to me for a second before turning his attention back to the other people in the room.

"Ok, let's stop for today and come back tomorrow" Kaleb says, we all bow our heads before stepping out of the room...

It's been a week since the meetings have been happening more frequently, the pack are aware of any threat. This pack live on strength and truth, their alpha tells them everything especially when he thinks something can threaten their safety.

I drop my head down leaning over the basin in our bathroom. I haven't had a chance to spend any alone time with Blaine, with work, training Lacey and then training others that have heard about the progress I made with her, I haven't been attending any more meetings. I will come to an empty home, more like a mateless home, make dinner and wait for him but then I end up eating alone.

I know the life of a head pack warrior and what it entails especially with Paul trying to find ways to kill off my family.  If anything he has only made us more determined to kill him first

At night, I barely notice Blaine climb into bed, kiss the back of my head and wrap his arms around me before closing his eyes to sleep. When I wake, the only thing that remains of him is his scent. Breathing in his scent, is the only thing that keeps me from snapping.

Everyone is expected to be at the pack training this morning, my stomach clenches at the thought of finally seeing Blaine and all nervousness from our first meeting returns. It's been months since that first day and I've learnt so much about him since then but being away from him kills me yet seeing him again after days of not seeing him and only feeling his presence while we sleep, all my nerves come at me full force.