One

It's been five years since my last year of high school started and changing everything. Four years since I moved to New York. Travis and me found our way back to each other. (We definitely had our problems though.) Him, Riley and Ethan moved in with me and we finished college together. I stayed at the diner and worked prn as a social worker. I loved the diner and I didn't want to leave, so I stayed even though social work was my dream, and Travis thought it was a good idea because everyone made great money and we had a lot saved.

Travis was a paramedic and he loved his job. Ethan went into software development and Riley worked as a pharmacist technician. We were all extremely happy. (Sort of.) Ethan and Riley were set to be married in the fall and Travis and I had been married for two years now.

We had a small wedding. Just us and our closest friends. My mom ended up moving to New York after I graduated college, with her new boyfriend Gary. The plan was to go back to California after graduation but it didn't happen that way. I was happy and my mom honestly didn't want me to go back to where everything bad happened to me. Either did Todd. I still talked to Todd. He was such a big part of my life when he didn't have to be. I admired and loved him so much.

Her and Gary loved it in New York. Todd came over in the summers. Mom and Gary ended up moving into my apartment building. Two floors below us. My mom definitely wasn't a fan of the winter here though. Ethan and Riley ended up moving out of the apartment. They had to get their own place.

Riley and Ethan had a daughter two years ago. She loved being pregnant. She had that caramel skin and thick curly wavy hair that took after Ethan. Big grey eyes that took after Riley. She was the shade of halfway between Riley's pale skin and Ethan's caramel skin. She was the cutest. They decided on the name Nadia grace. Meaning hope.

My mom baby sat while they worked. She loved being a grandma. (Grandma in law kind of.) I think she loved it even more then she loved being a mom. Gary was good for my mom. He definitely loved her. I think he loved her more then Todd ever did, and that hurts me to say because I love Todd. I think it hurt my mom I still talked to Todd honestly.

Celine and Nate were doing great too. She had twins a little over a year ago. Her and Nate were fucking exhausted but they loved it. Fraternal twins. One boy and one girl. Michael James who had dark brown hair almost black. He had dark brown eyes too. He was adorable. He took after Nate mostly. Then there was Sophia Anne who had lighter brown hair that matched Celine's and hazel eyes. She took after Celine. Their kids were spitting images of them honestly.

Celine hated pregnancy it was not a cake walk for her. She almost died giving birth. She started hemorrhaging and had pre-eclampsia. She ended up in a coma from the complications for a few months. Nate was destroyed and the babies were in the nicu. She delivered two months early. We were all worried and stressed and when she finally woke up she yelled at Nate for naming the babies without her.

{yeah that's our Celine.}

Nate and Celine didn't have any family left so my mom and Gary kind of took over the role as grandma and grandpa and mom and dad for everyone. They loved my mom and Gary just as much as I did. My mom and i's relationship got so much better once I got away from California. It was like the environment there was toxic to me.

We were really close again and all of us had breakfast with each other every Sunday leaving the kids with their fathers and Gary. He was kind of just along for the ride. Todd and damien well They sort of never repaired thier relationship. Mom and todd were still heavy on maintaining the fact that they truly believe Damien took advantage of me. So they joined my extended family that I found on my own.

I wasn't as happy as I should of been. I had miscarried four times. Counting my miscarriage with Damien. Travis sort of got a little abusive. Nothing I couldn't handle and nothing to bad. Nate and Celine still lived across the hall from me so they could hear the arguments. None of us ever went back to California once we left. There was just too many bad memories. I never told Celine or Nate what had happened back in California. They just knew that whatever it was it was bad. The whole mood in the room changed and everyone got tense when they would ask or bring it up. They did however know about Damien though.