Nine

Damien ended up moving in with me and leaving his place to Ryan. I was scared literally all the time. I was back on my depression and anxiety pills. Work was honestly difficult for a while. Between the cast on my arm, the splints on my fingers and the broken ribs I wasn't having a good time.

My mom and me got into a huge blowout and we hadn't talked in months. Ethan was still in his coma
From the car accident and Riley was going to pull the plug soon. She wasn't mad at me for the Travis shit. She completely understood.

The divorce went pretty easy between me and Travis too. Which I was thankful for. He left both the cars to me, all of our money. The apartment was already in my name. All he wanted was the ring back which I gladly handed over. With all the evidence of the abuse the divorce was sped up and Travis didn't question or drag it out. He knew it was over.

At the end of the hearing Travis looked at me and said "I'm sorry. I honestly never meant to hurt you Addi. I'm sorry I rushed our marriage and made you sign up for a life you honestly didn't really want with me. Deep down I knew it was never going to work between us but I had this false hope that I could somehow make you stay and all that did was push you further away and make you hate me. You won't ever hear from me again. I promise your safe now"

We signed the divorce papers and we were granted divorced when we left the room. Travis and me took different elevators and we went on our separate ways. Summer finally started which meant Todd would be here any day for his visit. This wasn't ganna be weird or awkward at all.

"I have to get to work. Your dad should be here sometime today. Please don't kill each other Damien I mean it."

I gave Damien a kiss and I walked out the door. I was halfway through my shift when Todd's voice rang out.

"Hey kiddo"

I smiled and looked over towards the door. Todd was standing there with damien. I got a big smile on my face.

"You made it"

I ran over giving Todd a hug.

"Are you kidding of course I made it sweetie."

Todd and damien ate dinner at the diner with me during my break.

"So I assume your mom isn't happy about this"
"No she won't even talk to me"
"Stubborn as a horse that women"
"Are you mad"

Todd looked at me and damien and gave us a smile. He shook his head no.

"Honestly I knew one day you two would find you way back to each other. People don't love someone as hard as you two did and give up because your parents didn't agree with it. You two are happy that's all I care about."

I smiled at Todd but damien wasn't believing Todd's words.

"Yeah what changed? I remember you saying I took advantage of her and ruined her life and I better not go near her ever again in her whole life"

Todd looked at damien and sighed.

"I said things I'm not proud of damien, but that was a very long time ago. Your right I didn't agree with it then but you two ain't kids anymore. You both understand shit better and you two still love each other and want to be together who am I to stop you. I can't tell either one of you who to love or what to do. You both are adults. You two have never been relayed back then you guys just put me and you mom Addi in a tough spot"

Damien and Todd worked on thier relationship when I was working. They spent a lot of time together making up for lost time and a distanced relationship. Todd only stayed for two weeks because he had to get back to his job.