Chapter 2

3 days has gone by after finding the egg the egg has been shaking a lot more often and there have been times where it would either make some hums or hisses. But on the other hand Raphtalia has been talking to it all the time and sleeps with the forest green dragon egg as well as taking it everywhere she goes, 'she must really care for it huh? The parents thought, when they saw her talking about the things she learned today, she also kept talking about the shield hero and saying how one of her bestfriends wants to marry him. All that the parents can say is that it's been a very long three days. But then they heard a CRACK...

Everyone's attention goes directly to the egg. The egg was shaking rapidly, egg scales were falling down, then it fell down on its side and they saw a little hole was made in the egg. It showed the eye of a dragon. It was glowing green in so many shades that made it look like a rare jewel. Then it started to shake even more trying to break the egg and once it did it showed a little dragon the color of the deep forest and the darkest part of the night, the newborn dragon eyes gleamed and shone so bright in the light, all the family members can agree that the dragon looked beautiful.

Raphtalia: being the first to break the silence she said "haaa you're so pretty! Raphtalia said in awestruck, she ran to the newly born dragon and hugged it while squealing in excitement.

On the other hand the parents was now thinking why hasn't the dragon attack anyone don't get the parents wrong i mean it a natural instinct for newborn dragons but this one didn't seem to react at all more like it knew this was its family, the parents sigh in relief at the sight of the dragon not attacking there daughter instead it seems it was making a lot of happy noises they assumed and hugging back Raphtalia, after the hug between the newborn dragon and the child the dragon looks towards them very quickly surprising the parents then the dragon started to speed across the room heading for the parents and crashing into them snuggling into their arms as they fall down after a minute comes and jumping onto the parents as well. After that 2 minutes passed and everyone started to get up, the mother holding the newborn dragon and the father holding Rahtalia, they started to walk outside, the tanuki put Raphtalia down but the raccoon still held onto the newborn dragon scared that it might run away.

Raphtalia: "hey mum dad, i'm gonna go and play with my friends is it okay? The girl questioned, hoping for a yes, the parents agreed and went back inside to try to learn more about their new child as well as figuring out its gender.