Chapter 1: Always

I turn over, letting out a long sigh while I shade myself from the sun. I knew it was a shit idea to place the bed right here. It always hits me in the eyes- every single morning I have to deal with this. If it wasn't for the lady, I'd have it safely tucked away in a corner where I could sleep all day undisturbed.

I feel her shifting around on the other side. Long fingers comb through my hair and I feign sleep in order to let her continue. Eleanor did this every morning thinking I didn't know. I always pretended so she'd have her time and I enjoyed the sweet gesture. The way she twisted my locks relaxed me and brought a sense of comfort knowing she was with me, always by my side. I'd grown accustomed to her touch and often craved the subtle affection. She was the first person to reach me after that dark time, other than my obvious loved ones. She taught me how love was supposed to feel. That it does come both ways instead of just being given. I'll always have her to thank for that.

"Louis.." She coos softly in my ear. "Wakey wakey Lou, its mornin'."

"But I'm still sleeping." I whisper.

I hear a gasp leave her lips and imagine an amused grin on her face. "Naughty boy, were you 'wake this whole time?"

"'Course not, love. I just got up now." I lie. When I finally open my eyes, they're met with Eleanor's, her hair cascading around my face. Her loving smile is gazing down at me and the sleepiness around her eyes has no effect on her natural beauty.

"What?" She inquires as I continue to stare.

"Nothing. You just look beautiful this morning." She instantly blushes, her apple cheeks reddening at my compliment.

"Don't think flattering me will get you anywhere. Now get up." She pecks my lips and lifts herself from the bed, dodging my attempt to bring her back. I watch as her tall figure pads over to the bath, giving me a suggestive look as she begins to strip herself of my shirt. I'm suddenly fully awake when it falls to the floor and hop from the bed when she beckons me to follow her.

She knows how to wake a man up.

~

"So, whats on the agenda t'day ma'lady?" I ask between chews. Eleanor made us some oatmeal with a sprinkle of dark chocolate and a side of fruits. She flips through the pages of her planner, adjusting her reading glasses.

"Well, Tim and Edna have their baby shower today."

"Its a girl right?"

"A boy." She corrects me curtly. "You still need to talk to William about when you're going to back to Doncaster for the Rovers. I also have to stop by my studio today and make sure Danielle taught the new routine for our recital and-"

"Anything fun, babe? Other than work."

"We could go to the shops and get more groceries?" She suggests.

"You're such a woman." I jeer teasingly. She playfully hits my arm in return. "I mean like 'us' time."

"This morning wasn't enough?" She smirks.

"Believe it or not, I do enjoy your company when you have clothes on as well."

"If you insist." A mischievous smile makes its way on her lips as she slips a brochure from her notebook. "I've been meaning to ask you about this. I know you hate the sort of thing- but I'd love to go Louis." She begs.

I pull the pamphlet from her hands and observe the cover. An art show? Oh gosh.. Kill me now. She knows I'm not in to walking around scribbles that somehow stand for triumph or peace within. I do appreciate a nice picture here and there- preferably one I can make out and relate to. But other than that, I rather be at home washing the car. Eleanor on the other hand considers herself an aficionado of art. She takes pride in knowing weird facts and various painters, along with their paint styles. Recently, shes had a knack for the local talent in London. You can often find her taking pictures of graffiti in her free time and then rambling about its symbolism.