𝗶𝗶𝗶. FAMILY REUNIONS

Not even a day had passed since the brief interference on the CB

Not even a day had passed since the brief interference on the CB. It felt like the longest day of the year if you asked Betty. Amy was being her usual self, worried about her sister being out there. Betty had tried to assure her over a million times that nothing happened and that they should be heading back now.

Currently, the Grimes girl had been sitting in a lawn chair flipping through a magazine, next to her mother giving her little brother a hair cut and Shane sat across from them, cleaning his rifle in his hand. Carl had been nonstop complaining about getting his hair cut and Lori telling him to hold still.

"Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't, okay?" Lori tells her son.  "I'm trying." Carl argues. "Well, try harder." Lori tells.

Lori then looks over at her daughter, preoccupying herself with her magazine. "How you doin', peanut?" She asks and Betty closes the magazine and slams it down on the ground. "I'm getting tired of the same old pictures." Betty knew that magazines weren't a necessity but it would be nice to read something different besides the same old magazine Dale had laying around in his van.

"Well, blame Dale for not knowing what teenagers like." Lori joked and she told Carl sit still once more.

Shane took a notice of Carl with his fidgeting. "If you think this is bad, wait till you start shaving. That stings. That day comes, you'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts." Shane tells Carl.

"I'll believe that when I see it." Carl states. Betty turns over to her brother and lifts the sunglasses she had on her face on her head. "I don't understand why he needs another haircut. His hair would look good at a shoulder length." Betty comments.

"It would look good either way but for now, while Mom's still around, his hair's getting cut. You're next, Missy." Lori says, pointing the scissors to Betty and Betty playfully rolls her eyes. Lori never straight up cut Betty's hair but she always decided to give her a trim if she asked.

"I'll tell you what, little man," Shane sits up, looking to Carl. "You just get through this with some manly dignity and tomorrow I'll teach you something special. I will teach you to catch frogs."

"I've caught a frog before." Carl stated. "I said frogs... plural. And it is an art, my friend. It is not to be taken lightly. There are ways and means. Few people know about it. I'm willing to share my secrets." Shane explains.

Carl looks at Lori and Lori turns Carl's head back forward. "Oh, I'm a girl. You talk to him." She says. "Way to be misogynistic, Mom." Betty comments, leaning back in her chair.

Catching frogs actually sounded like fun to the girl since Shane had introduced to those ways once or twice when she'd go fishing with her dad and Shane when she was younger. The last time she could remember doing a thing like that was when she was eleven.

"It's a one-time offer, bud... not to be repeated." Shane tells as he continues to clean his gun. "Why do we need frogs, plural?" Carl asks.

"You ever eat frog legs?" Shane asks and Carl's face scrunches up in disgust. "Eww!"