50.

Word count: 2535

Please start the music when Yoongi's pov comes. I'll put another reminder when it does.

***

"Why do you keep messing up like this? Why? Why can't you be like normal people and just do your job well? How long till I have to live like this?"

"Mom, please calm down. Dad is already stressed enough. Cut him some slack, will you?"

"Oh, Aerum, you don't get to tell me what to do. Not after that bullshit talk about liking girls. The only reason you get to be in this house is because of your dad and guess what, he won't be staying here long either."

Donghae's head finally snapped in his wife's direction. His daughter, who sat on the lone chair flinched at her words but didn't shed tears as she had done before. His wife was a little old fashioned, however, it wasn't time to think about it.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, his voice a little shaky and the alcohol he had consumed making his head feel fuzzy.

His wife stared at him dead in the eyes and steadied her voice as she replied, "I can't do this anymore, Donghae. Ever since we have married I've done nothing but drag your dead weight. You had finally gotten a decent job in that filming studio and you lost that as well. I can't keep working my ass off all day long at that bathhouse just to come back home to see your face. I won't handle it any longer. Both of you, get out of my house."

He had then looked into his daughter's wide, uncertain eyes but as he opened his mouth to negotiate with her, his wife screamed and threw the pot beside her right at his head, "Get the hell out of my house!"

And that had been the last time Kim Aerum had seen her mother. She had cut all ties with her and since then, her father had started living in her small apartment. Between her demanding job as a local news reporter and her father's multiple part-time jobs, they barely ever met despite living in the same house.

But somewhere, she had sensed something seriously wrong was happening with her parents. Her father being absent and trying to distract himself with multiple jobs had been easy to understand but her mother's sudden disappearance made no sense. Even when she had been shut out after revealing her sexuality, her mother had come around and talked to her while avoiding the topic altogether. However, her silence after her father got fired from H&A film studios was suspicious.

Though she hadn't started getting suspicious till the last four months. Her father's behaviour had done a sudden 180 flip and she had started looking into where exactly her mother had gone. She had found no solid proof till she met a woman named Kim Hana in a police station after Park Heejae filed a report against a person who had sent her a dead rabbit wrapped like a gift. It was sick and certainly not the first time she had heard of such a case but this was different.

With time, she had managed to gain Hana's trust and even fell in love only to find out her father had been the mastermind behind that stunt. Though it pained her to do what she was going to do now, she knew she had no other choice. Not if she had to give justice to her mother.

Therefore, steeling herself and checking her appearance and stemming her tears down, she stood before the camera, put on her reporter mask and prepared to deliver the news.

***

Cameras flashed and multiple questions were shouted at the four people sitting on the stage in the auditorium. Kang Hei Ryung and Park Heejae sat in the middle, flanked by Mr. Park and Park Heejung. The whole Park family had gathered to clear the air and dressed in somber dresses and suits, the family showed its unity.