Chapter 1: Where am I? (Rewritten)

I open my eyes. Why is it so... dark? I see some shuffling and I fall off the bed. "Wh-who are you?!" You stammer out, pillow at the ready. "Big bro, what are you doing awake? It's close to midnight, go back to bed." A figure tells me. I squint hard enough and it's... Aubrey?

"Oh, sorry. I had a nightmare, let's go back to sleep." You tell her and get in the covers and so does she. You feel a little embarrassed having to sleep next to a girl, but hey, that's apparently your little sister. Wait wait wait, let's think this through.

Okay, so Aubrey isn't in her crazy gang phase yet, which means... Mari's still alive. You can save her! You can alter the death of Mari and save her! This is a dream come true! You've always hated how in the normal game, it's always leading to Mari dying. But you can change that.

You decide to form a plan. You will have a sleepover at their house on the day that it happens, and then save her and take the hit. Sure, it might hurt, but it's for the greater good. You start snuggling in under the covers more, and you can hear Aubrey's soft snoring and her arms wrapped around her older sibling. (AUUUUGGHH *insert tik tok snoring sound here*)

You wake up, and notice Aubrey's out of bed. You decide to get up and go outside. On the way, you ask your mother if she's seen Aubrey. Of course, she's glued her eyes on the TV. Whatever. You go outside and look around. They should probably be at the park.

You walk there and go to the hidden area. There, you see the tree house, the picnic blanket, and other stuff. You go up ladder and then into the tree house. You see the gang in there playing cards. (Sound familiar?) Aubrey instantly notices you and runs to you, enveloping you in a hug. (Also there's none of that "sister loves brother a little too much" crap)

"You finally woke! You really need to sleep more early, since you woke up late. Me and our friends are playing cards! Wanna play?" She asks. You decide to walk over and watch them for the time being while their match is still going. Hero asks you a question. "Is it just me, or did you get taller?" You and Hero measure each other a little bit. Turns out, you are taller than Hero.

"Wow, you really grew, huh?" "Yeah yeah, let's continue where we left off." You dismiss it, grabbing a slice of Watermelon that Mari most likely cut. Oh right, Mari's alive. Gotta help her survive. Remember the plan, Remember the pl-

"Our match is over, you can play with us now." "Hm? Oh right, let's do this."

(Funny card game moment also you win cause epic okay imma sleep)