Introduction

💫💫💫💫💫💫

On the twelfth hour on October 1st 1989, a strange phenomenon happened as 43 women gave birth and none of them were pregnant when the day began.

The Eccentric billionaire, Sir Reginald Hargreeves traveled around the world, to find and collect many of these children as he could with the intention of training them to save the world.

He got seven of them.

Then an additional member came in possessing extraordinary powers.

Alina Estelle Croft's adopted father and mentor, Fredrick Croft, a talented sorcerer, entrusted Reginald Hargreeves to train Alina in surpassing her limits.

Now she's part of the Umbrella Academy and was given a name by Reginald as Number Eight.

Join Alina in her adventure filled with powers, magic, and dysfunctional siblings, as she fought towards her supposed destiny.

💫💫💫💫💫💫

Author's Note:

Hey guys! If you're reading this, thanks for checking out my fanfic. It's my first time writing and even publish anything. Just a reminder that English is not my first language, so please excuse some grammar errors along the way.

I do not own the original plot or the characters in the Umbrella Academy as I only claim Alina Estelle Croft as my own OC, and some characters along the way.

So yes, this fic will have some alterations from the original plot since I want my OC's existence in this story to have an impact and influence. I promise that this fic will still follow the flow and plot in the Netflix series, but expect that Alina's involvement will change some of it.

Also, Alina has her own life and storyline which involves around magic and her powers. And I plan to write her own arc in this book as the character will face a lot of trials.

Do remember that in this fic, Magic exist though it is not known. Alina's adopted father and mentor is a sorcerer. I would like to clarify some things regarding the difference between magic and the original powers that already exist in the Umbrella Academy world.

So magic is practiced by mages and sorcerers. With mana, they conjure magic through incantations and spells. Mana is a magical "energy" mages and sorcerers are born with. It is like their fuel to summon and perform magic spells.

Magic exist around us. Conjuring magic requires extensive learning and practice. Magic does not exist within, it is defiant and free so conjuring it requires extensive control and concentration so the magic will submit to the summoner's will.

So in conclusion, magic is different from the powers of the characters in UA have. They don't need to do incantations or spells in activating it. They don't need mana as they don't use magic. Like for example for Five's ability, he uses science, physics, and mathematics for his powers.

The characters use the powers they are born with. Their powers exist within them, and can activate it through their own energy and it is not mana. This also applies to Alina's powers.

So I hope this will clarify some confusions about the rules in magic in this fic.

Also if you get to know Alina Estelle Croft, some of her powers are based from Wanda.

So please, I hope you'll read and support this fanfic! Love ya all!