Chapter 12: Just another lesson to learn

Alina Estelle Croft was changing her clothes

Alina Estelle Croft was changing her clothes. Today was Monday and Gabriel will pick her up after breakfast. Alina won't lie, she liked Mondays since she can wear her dresses and get to flaunt it to Reginald during inspections and he won't be able to get a say with it. She was now fixing her hair when a knock on her door came.

"Lina, are you ready?" Number Three asked and opened the door once Alina confirmed

"Lina, are you ready?" Number Three asked and opened the door once Alina confirmed. She gasped at Alina's dress finding it pretty. "Oh my gosh blue looks good on you!"

Alina smiled as she turned her gaze at Three. "Thank you, Three. My dresses are always in my wardrobe and you're always free to try them on." Alina winked then turned back at the mirror to finish her braid.

"Here, let me help." Number Three offered as she started to braid Alina's hair. "I think I picked up some of your skills in braiding."

Alina chuckled. "Thank you, Three."

After some finishing touches, Alina's hair was finally done and together they smiled at the mirror. Then finally left her bedroom then walked together towards the dining hall where the remaining siblings stood waiting for morning inspection.

"Hey, guys." Alina greeted with her smile then she gave a wink at Number Seven as she stood beside her.

"How many dresses do you even have?" Four wondered as he examined her dress then nodded in approval. "Blue definitely looks good on you."

"Thank you, Four." Alina giggled as she playfully bowed like a princess before answering his question. "I don't know, Gabriel made a hobby of buying me new dresses. I can't really complain, I really like his preference in fashion."

"Gabriel's like your m-mom." Two stated in realization. Whenever he heard Alina talking about him, its always about him taking care of her.

Alina chuckled at Number Two's statement. Technically, he really was like Alina's mom. She can't count the many things Gabriel did for her and she's always grateful to have a friend like him. "You can say that. He taught me many things and he's very generous and kind man."

"He'll be here to pick you up right?" Number Six asked.

"Yep, as usual. Every after breakfast."

Reginald finally entered and the children stood properly in attention. His eyes then examined the children's uniform then finally landed on Alina. As usual, he didn't have any comment about her clothes and immediately waved for the children to approach their positions at the table.