MAKING YOUR OWN SPELLS

First things first, when making your own spells, you may feel a lot of pressure to make it perfect- and while yes, you should strive for a spell that works for you and has a procedure that can be repeated, it's important to personalize your spells so they can have more meaning and impact in your life.

1. Create an intention. What is the purpose of this spell and what do you hope the outcome is?

2. Determine what method of magic you'll be using to set your intention and start the manifistation process. This could be candle magic, crystal magic, divination, etc. Choose whichever one would work best with your purpose.

For example, burning something in a flame means that you want quick results, dunking or rinsing something in water means you want a huge result that may take some time, or burying something in the Earth could be used for something that needs time to flourish and will take effect for a long time.

3. Write down your intention and what you want to say when performing a set of actions you want to take.

4. Honor and call upon the elements as well as a God/Goddess of your choice, or lackthereof. Make sure to light your candles as you do so.

Steps 5-7 are optional as casting a circle isn't necessary for simple spells or manifestation of what you'd like.

5. Cast your circle with your wand in the space you'll be performing your spell.

6. Cast your spell and say goodbye and thank you to the elements.

7. Un-cast your circle with your wand. (create your circle with a clockwise motion and uncast your circle with a counter-clockwise motion.)