Wizard's Chess and a Man With Two Faces

They enter a dark room, with broken pieces all around it. 

Hermione: "I don't like this. I don't like this at all." 

Harry: "Where are we? A graveyard?" 

Ron: "This is no graveyard. [sighs] It's a chessboard." 

Ron walks out onto the marble board and flames light, illuminating the board and giant players. Harry and Hermione come up with him. 

Harry: "There's the door." 

They walk across the board, towards the door. Suddenly, as they reach a line of pawns, the pawns bring up their swords. The three jump and back up. 

Hermione: "Now what do we do?" 

Ron: "It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle. Y/n you'll be the rook. As for me, I'll be a knight." 

They all take their places. 

Hermione: "What happens now?" 

Ron: [aboard a horse.] "Well, white moves first, and then...we play." 

A pawn on the other side moves forward. Ron studies the game. 

Hermione: "Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?" 

Ron: "You there! D-5!" 

A black pawn moves forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raises its sword and smashes the black one. The three jump. 

Ron: "Yes, Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!" 

The game continues. Pieces smash each other, and boom! Boom! 

Ron: "Castle to E-4!" 

Smash!

Ron: "Pawn to C-3!" 

Smash! Boom! The Queen turns, and smashes a piece! Harry, Ron, and Hermione wince. 

Y/n: "Shoot." 

The Queen turns again. Both Ron and Harry study the game. 

Harry: "Wait a minute." 

Ron: "You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King." 

Harry: "No, Ron! No!" 

Hermione: "What is it?" 

Harry: "He's going to sacrifice himself!" 

Hermione: "No, Ron, you can't! [Ron closes his eyes.] There must be another way!" 

Ron: [turns to face Hermione.] "Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry, it's you that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, you. [Harry nods.] Knight...to H-3." 

Ron's horse moves forward, slides and stops. 

Ron: "Check." 

The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stops. SMASH! Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious. 

Ron: "Ahhhh!" 

Harry & Y/n: "RON!"

Hermione starts walking to him.

Y/n: "NO! Don't move! Dont forget, we're still playing." 

Hermione moves back. Harry walks diagonally in front of the King.