The Vanishing Glass & Letters From No One

~With the Scamanders~

Newt: "Y/n." 

Y/n: "Huh?" 

Newt: "Your birthday's coming up." 

Porpentina: "That's right. You'll be 11." 

Newt: "Your letter should be coming in soon.  Do you want to invite Uncle Theseus over?" 

Y/n: "Yes. Can Queen, Quin, Queeny, Jacob, and Professor Hicks come as well?" 

Newt: "Of course." 

Porpentina: "Y/n." 

Y/n: "Yes?" 

Porpentina: "Remember, you need to be careful." 

Newt: "It's very important that nobody finds out about you being able to turn people young." 

Y/n: "Yes." 

Porpentina: "Do you understand why?" 

Y/n: "Someone might take me away and force me to keep them young until I die."

Newt: "Also, you can't be shifting at school. If you get an animagus that's fine, but you don't need one." 

Y/n: "Because someone might come after me for having the gifts of a qilin." 

Newt: "It was bad enough when everyone found out--" 

Porpentina: "Yes. Let's hope that never happens again." 

Newt: "--and when Theseus found out that you possessed the ability to see into a person's soul and some precognitive abilities. He fainted." 

Y/n: "Can we go to the zoo?" 

Theseus: "I don't see how that's a problem." 

Y/n: "A muggle zoo!" 

Newt: "Maybe, there's one not too far away from here." 

Y/n: "Yay!" 

Newt: "Okay, my little miracle." 

Porpentina: "Of course, Sunshine."

~Meanwhile~

Harry, who is now 10 years old, still sleeping. Then, the light turns on outside his bedroom cupboard under the stairs. 

Petunia: "Up. Get up." 

She knocks on his closet door repeatedly. 

Petunia: "Now!" 

Smacks the door of the closet and walks into the living room. Harry wakes up, turns on his bedroom light, and puts on his glasses with tape on the bridge, indicating that it was partly damaged. A large, tubby boy, Dudley Dursley, suddenly comes running down the stairs above the closet. He stops halfway down and goes back, jumping on the staircase. 

Dudley: "Wake up, cousin! We're going to the zoo!" 

Harry looks up to the joining works of the stairs with small amounts of dust rising. Dudley laughs and comes down the stairs and runs for the kitchen. Harry tries to come out of the closet but is pushed back in by Dudley. Petunia is in the kitchen, where Dudley has gone. 

Petunia: "Oh, here he comes, the birthday boy!" 

Vernon: "Happy birthday, son." 

Petunia and Dudley giggle together. Harry comes into the kitchen, dressed in outgrown clothes. 

Petunia: [to Harry, unpleasantly] "Why don't you just cook the breakfast, and try not to burn anything." 

Harry: "Yes, Aunt Petunia."