Chapter 53 : Act Like It's Normal

"Rab—".

Eric touched my shoulder. I smiled at him, but I know it came out as forced — I wiped my eyes.

Then he placed his arm around me, and I completely lost it. I tried to constrain my tears, but my chest felt heavier by the second. It was too painful and I was falling apart.

I left Eilat abruptly, without saying goodbye to manang MJ and the team. I couldn't go on and continue watching the pageant and see Amanda without being reminded of the crushing words Anntonia uttered and the excruciating scene I've witnessed last night.

There's no use for me to stay. What for?

I've surrendered and lost — I've lost her.

.
.
.

.
.
.

I got startled when my seat trembled.

A slight turbulence.

My gaze switched from staring out the airplane's window for what seemed like minutes, to my seat mate who was unbothered by the shaking of the commuter jet. Ever since I stepped on this plane, my mind kept on replaying the fateful night that shifted the course of my relationship with the only woman who've amorously turned my world upside-down. Sa totoo lang, I'm clueless as to what Bangkok will bring to me.

Twenty minutes left before ETA - BKK.
The words flashed on the monitor of my seat, sending my heart to pound up my throat.

The flight attendants started to inspect per row, telling people to tow away things under our seats and to put on our seatbelts in preparation for landing.

Manang MJ was silent beside me, reading a book that she got yesterday from the mall. I could hear Bernadette and Celeste chat about yoga behind my seat. It's amazing how people can act like old friends in an instant when you get to have a common interest that you're passionate about. Para na nga silang super friends kung mag tawanan.

"Excited?", MJ squeezed my hand.

I smiled and nodded at her, but to be honest, parang nasusuka nga ako sa kaba.

The plane landed and we began to disembark one by one — all walking to the concourse where the Thai Immigration kiosks were.

After passing the immigration check, the four of us went to the baggage claim and doon palang, I had to mentally toughen myself as my ex-girlfriend's face was all over the lightboxes in the airport.

"Welcome to Bangkok!" She's even the model of their tourism video that greeted arriving passengers. It kept on looping.

I've moved on. Tapos ka na diyan, Ibyang. Move forward. You are not affected.

MJ and Belle were probably concerned as they kept on checking on me. I have to shrug off my feelings kung gusto ko mag-enjoy sa trip na ito.

I tried to busy myself with my luggage and avoid the posters and banners in the airport. To my delight, nagawa ko naman. I have successfully exited the airport and hopped on our van without thinking about the most popular woman in Thailand right now. 

"Oooh! I cannot wait to eat boat noodles",  I overheard Belle who was now sitting in front of me sa loob ng sasakyan.

"Ako, excited for Chatuchak market. May bibilhin ako na soap", MJ said.

"What kind of soap?", Belle asked.

"Yung mga elephant shaped. There's a stall there selling fragrant soaps and essential oil na cheap lang".

I looked at the woman beside me. Celeste looked so busy texting. "Your mom knows we're here?", I smiled.

My new friend was really charming, the way her eyes light up when she's surprised was something  —- "Oh—", she laughed a bit. "Yeah, I was telling her that I'll go see her tomorrow, but she insists that I come at least tonight since she has some important matters to discuss".