#3 :: Surprise.

Song: Bernadette               By: IAMX

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Q-Quackity.."

The sound of the skin ripping from the bone stopped.

Quackity glanced behind him. He felt like a major secret had been exposed; which hypothetically it did. Wilbur started walking back out of the alleyway, not daring to look behind while doing so. He was to scared to speak, he didn't know what to do.

"I can explain-"

Wilbur froze. Not being able to move with the sudden intrusion of Quackity's voice. Quackity got up, and turned towards Wilbur. Wilbur had a chance to look down at the body. There was a large hold in the chest and stomach area, the arm having a chunk bitten out of it. The head looked like it had been snapped; that must have been the sound he heard before the screaming stopped. Then he looked back up to Quackity, having to put his hand over his mouth and nose; to keep him from vomiting and to keep the smell of blood away. Quackity looked almost like how he did yesterday when Wilbur found him; more blood on his clothes, blood on his hands and around his mouth.

"I-Is this why you.. wouldn't eat the food i-in the house?.." Wilbur said, his voice shaking and shuddering. Same as his body; he wasn't able to move, he was shaking, he could barely even speak without the need to vomit creeping up on him.

"Where did- Where did you even f-find this person?" He said. Quackity just stared at Wilbur; not moving a muscle. "I knew I should have came with you.." He said. Quackity now felt bad for not telling the truth sooner.

"And I knew I should have told you sooner." Quackity said; starting to walk towards Wilbur; said man taking a step back each time Quackity would walk closer to him. Wilbur wanted to cry. Wilbur also noticed that when Quackity spoke he had sharp canines. How had he not noticed that before?

When Wilbur snapped back into reality, Quackity was much closer than before. Wilbur completely froze, unable to move, to speak, to cry and scream. "I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to scare you." Quackity said moving his arms and putting his hands on Wilbur's shoulders. He wanted to hug Wilbur, but then thought against it remembering the position he's in right now. Wilbur seemed to relax a bit, still tense but it seemed that he felt a bit safer. Wilbur nodded, not knowing why he nodded; it was just a natural thing to him.

"Just-.. Come, l-let's go home." Wilbur said as the air in his lungs returned.

So they walked out of the alleyway and back to Wilbur's car not even bothering to hide the body.

_______TIME______________SKIP________(When they got home)_______

"Did you clean? It didn't look like this before. I can still smell the cleaning products." Quackity said, his nose scrunching to the smell of chemicals. Wilbur just responded with an 'mhm' and walked upstairs. Leaving Quackity in the entryway, alone. Quackity ran upstairs after Wilbur.

"Wilbur, are you alright? Are you mad at me?" He said when he got into the bedroom. Wilbur nodded again. "Here. Go take a shower." Wilbur said handing him clothes. Quackity looked concerned; he understood why Wilbur was acting like this, seeing as he watched Quackity hypothetically have a full course meal on a human. Instead of arguing with Wilbur which he usually does with other people, he walked out of the room and into the bathroom to take a shower.

Wilbur sat down on his bed, currently rethinking his life choices. Other than meeting Quackity; probably one of the best things that's happened to him.

____________________TIME___________SKIP_______________________

Quackity walked back into the room and saw Wilbur sitting by himself. Quackity walked over to Wilbur and sat down next to him. Wilbur didn't want to look at Quackity. He wanted to cry or run away from him. Even if he didn't oppose any kind of threat to him.  Wilbur looked at Quackity, his hair was still slightly wet from the shower. "I am suddenly hungry." Wilbur said adding the least bit of sass to his voice, while trying to sound formal. Like he had just met a stranger.

"Wait- Stay and let me explain. I know you probably hate me right now; but please." Quackity said, grabbing onto Wilbur's sleeve as he got up. Wilbur didn't want to talk or to even be near Quackity, but he always gave people a chance to explain if it was something of wrongdoing.

"Ok. I'll stay and hear you out." Wilbur said finally after a long pause. He sat back down and faced Quackity to show that he was listening.

"I know it looked bad, but I- I didn't know how to tell you when we met. You were being so nice to me, no one has ever done that for me."

Wilbur was taken aback. He didn't expect Quackity to be the romantic type; even if it wasn't supposed to be meant like that. So he just nodded and continued listening. "I know that you didn't want to see that. Like I said, I didn't know what to tell you, but I'm grateful that you were there for me; even when you didn't know who I was." Quackity continued, still trying to find what else to say in this moment in time. Quackity seemed like he was finished, but continued; "I'm sorry for that." He said ending his explanation. Wilbur didn't know what to say. He looked like he was processing what was being said. Before Quackity could say anything else, he saw a sudden blush spread across Wilbur's face; complimenting how pale it was. "Are you Ok, Wilbur?" He asked.

"Wil. Call me Wil from now on."

Quackity nodded and smiled to Wilbur's usual burst of happiness. Then Wilbur got up to go downstairs. "Come on, I still need to eat something." He said as he held out his hand to Quackity which he was happy to oblige. So they both walked downstairs and Wilbur got something to eat.

"You won't tell anyone, right?" Quackity asked, adding the least bit of concern. Wilbur looked up from his plate of food. "No, of course not. You gave me a valid explanation and your a friend to me." He said, then went back to eating. "Thank you, Wil." Quackity smiled to himself.

He had finally found a friend.

_______________TIME_________________SKIP_____(After Wilbur was done eating)__

Quackity and Wilbur were sitting down on the couch watching a movie. Quackity was focusing his attention to the movie while Wilbur was lost in his own thoughts.

He didn't know what to think. He wanted to ask Quackity more questions but decided against it. What if Quackity gets hungry in the middle of the night? No, He wouldn't do that, we're friends.

"Hey, Quackity?" Wilbur said. Quackity looked over at him; "Hm?"

"Can we cuddle?.. As friends?" Wilbur asked. How could Quackity say 'No'? He held out his arms and watched Wilbur crawl towards him and sat cuddled next to him. "Don't tell anyone either. You already know what might happen." Quackity said as he squeezed Wilbur into a tight hug. Wilbur couldn't help but blush at that; even if it was a threat.

He nodded. Even if the day barely started he was more tired than he had ever been.

So instead of fighting against it, he let himself fall asleep. Quackity must have noticed as Wilbur shuffled to get comfortable again.

"Sleep well, Wilbur." Quackity said, continuing to watch the movie.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

IM SORRY IT TOOK LONGER THAN IT DID-

but ykyk- family no understand :sob:

BUT- i did it anyway. im so swag. hehehehehehdjlkjlakjakjll

Times when Quackity was seen as a spell check: ~38 (i lost count at some point-)

Words: 1262