Chapter 45: Saif

Zain opened the door and walked to Harim who was sitting on the bed. He pulled the dressing chair out and sat down with his legs crossed. He took a minute to look at the room.

He saw posters of famous sportsmen on the walls. A badminton set hanging on the wall behind the bed and some motivational quotes stating 'You can do it!' and, Talha's picture above her study table.

"Your room is quite impressive." Zain stated with a smile.

"Thanks." Harim replied while scratching her head.

"So what did you have to convey?" she then asked.

"Yeah listen carefully ok. He needs some documents of yours. Your birth certificate, your all sports certificates from academics and a clip of yours telling about your potential. Can you do all of this now?"

"Woah hold your horses. Why does he need it?"

"I don't know myself. He just asked me and I told you that's it."

"Oh ok I'll do it." She said standing up.

She then went straight to her cupboard and started rummaging through the cabinet which was full of documents etc. Zain was still looking around the room. His sight caught a picture on the wall. It was of Harim and Hania together.

He gazed at it and smiled rather painfully.

I wish I was as passionate as Talha. I wish that I also could've figured out a way out of this mess. He thought with wet eyes.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. This startled both of them.

"Yes?" Harim asked while closing her cupboard.

"Open the door."

"Shit shit shit it's father!!" Harim murmured in aghast while closing the cupboard and rushing to bed to reach her scarf. Zain simultaneously stood up. She then opened the door and saw her father's furious face. He immediately looked at Zain who was looking around in awkwardness.

"What are you doing?" he asked his daughter.

"How are you home early?"Harim asked with an awkward smile.

"I had to pick some documents." Then he walked in and stood In front of Zain. He put his hand out to greet him. Zain blinked in a flustered way. He glanced at his hand and realized he had to greet. He immediately shook his hand with a bow of respect.

"So you are his friend?"

"Yes Yes, Zain Javed."

"Oh ok so why are you here?"

"I had to pick up some stuff for a project." Zain uttered flinching away. Harim stepped up.

"Dad I was just about to hand him the project."

The man nodded and walked to the door. He stopped at the door and turned back.

"Leave after having lunch." And then he left.

Both the teens took a breath of relief.

"What is he!? I was sweating like crazy!!" Zain exclaimed while breathing heavily.

"He quite serious when it comes to boys." Harim smiled awkwardly. She then rushed to the cupboard and handed him the documents.

"Here check it. Is everything in there?"

"While I'm checking it please record a video about your potential in sports field. Here have my phone." He gave him the phone and sat down to check the documents.

After all that, both of them rushed down. Harim's mom had dined the lunch. Her father had left. The three of them had a tasty lunch and Zain left.

That day was busy. Zain rushed straight to Talha and handed him the documents. He then had to visit his aunt's husband funeral and then went to a job interview. On his way back he stopped by his cousin Saif's studio.