chapter 10- Nominations for homecoming queen

Homecoming was approaching soon and today they were gonna be announcing who will be nominated for this. Certain people in the school choose the nominee's for this special night and then the school votes for who they want for king and queen. Usually its based on who is popular. This may change. Sometimes people who aren't popular get nominations.
The girls got ready to go to school now and went to the bus stop.
" Today is the nominations for homecoming queen and king. " Punk said
" Yeah, I know. I dread this every year. No one good ever gets picked for this shit. " Lost said in a dreadful voice.
" Then why have this stupid thing if no one really cares at all? "
" I don't know why. "
" Hope that some one average gets picked this year. That would be good."
" True!!!"
Soon as the bus came they got on it and went to school.
When they got to school they went to their lockers to get the books they both needed for their morning classes. When they did so Shadow came up to them to talk to them.
" Hey, shadow. What's up?" Lost askeds when he came up to their lockers.
" I heard you two are gonna be on the ballet for homecoming queens." Shadow told them.
" WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW? " Punk said in total shock at what she is hearing from him.
" Yes, I'm serious. Wouldnt tell you if it wasn't. I'm not like this at all. " he replied to her question.
" Now we have to tell our mom's and dad's because If we win they will find out the hard way when the year books come out." Punk said
" Alright! If its true like Shadow says it is then we will this weekend. I promise!!!" Lost replied
Just then the bell rang to go to class. Soon as everyone was in their classes they were gonna have the announcements coe on the intercom.

Announcements:
Good morning everyone!!!
I would like to make a couple announcements before everyone starts their classes for the day, so listen up.
First one the list lunch menu
Lunch menu:
Chicken
Meatball sandwich
Fries
Salad
Corn

Next up is what everyone has been waiting for (( Homecoming nominee's ))
1. Samantha & Ryan
2. Malinda & Keyser
3. Cynthia & Ryder
4. Lost & Punk
That's your nominees for homecoming
Thanks for listening.

When the announcements were all over there classes began for the day.
The girls were In total shock the whole time in class about being nominated for this homecoming coming up soon. They were gonna have to talk during lunch about this nomination because they need all the nominees to come to the office by the end of the day to accept the nomination they got. This was gonna be a crucial decision if they accept the nominee or not. This will Chang the girls lives for ever.