Chapter 6- The Announcement

Authors Note at the End :)

October 1st, 2012:

Several months had passed and I progressed up the rankings as well as with my talent. I now had almost absolute control of my voice and hit notes I didn't know I would ever be capable of. I had also worked really hard to perfect my dancing. I was now 7th out of 25. The Eunbi's also progressed into the top 5, but the top was obviously very competitive. Youngmi was still right behind me in 8th.

With my vocals, I had also started coaching a few of the trainees. The vocal teacher was impressed with my drive and maturity and thought it would be great for me to help some of the trainees having a harder time. Not only did I like helping, but it also allowed me to meet a few other girls.

I was currently sitting in Bang Si-Hyuks shabby office. I had only met him a handful of times at the monthly assessments. I guess it's more like seen him, since he never introduced himself to us, or talked... ever.

I was sitting in front of his desk along with Youngmi and Jiyoung, one of the girls from the first batch of trainee replacements in April and one I helped a bit with vocals. She was incredibly nice and I hoped she didn't secretly have a Youngmi crushing her spirit.

Youngmi and I still hadn't really hashed things out. Since we were in separate lessons and didn't go to school together, the only times we saw each other was in the dorm and we both ignored each other if we were there at the same time.

I hear the door behind me open. Youngmi and Jiyoung immediately stand up. I quickly follow, forgetting I had to stand when seniors and important people came in the room. I was usually already standing when instructors came and I never met with executives so I didn't have reason to remember.

"Hello girls. I'm glad you were able to come," he says sitting down in his chair behind the desk, "please sit". We all sit down at his request.

"I asked you here today because I have some pretty exciting news for you all. There have been plans in the works to debut a couple of groups soon. One is an all-girls group and will most likely consist of the top six girls, however, we also want to debut a mixed group to debut sooner. That is the group you three girls will be a part of," he says smiling.

I sat there shocked. He was saying I was going to debut! I haven't even been here a year. And a mixed group, like with boys? They didn't let us near boys, and now they were going to put us in a group together. I was more nervous at the thought of performing with boys than anything. I laughed inwardly at how sad and lonely my life had gotten that I was nervous to perform with boys.

Obviously, I wasn't the only one that was shocked by the news. I looked over at the girls next to me and both of them had the biggest smiles, but looked like a thousand thoughts were crossing their minds right now.

I spoke up first. I stood up, made a 90 degree bow and confidently said, "Thank you so much for this opportunity. I will make sure you won't regret it and I will continue to work hard to prove my place and your decision".

This seemed to pull the girls next to me from their thoughts and they proceeded to do the same.

"I'm glad you are happy. To give you a few more details about the group, it will consist of 3 girls and 6 boys. We don't have a lot of the details down yet, so we don't have things like a name at this moment. We do have rough debut date, however. Sometime mid-summer in 2013 is when we plan to debut this group. I am informing the boys right after you girls leave and you can all meet each other tomorrow. Please do not let anyone know about this. As of yet, it isn't 100% official," he instructs, "well, if you don't have any questions, you are free to go," he says matter of factly.